SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm behind a VPN

View previous topic :: View next topic  
christense

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:17 am    Post subject: I'm behind a VPN Reply with quote

but still can't create an account.

A few years back I was banned from another forum, nothing extreme, I apparently broke their rules around victim blaming.

I used to like engaging with others on the forum so attempted to re-join a while back with another email account I had. Different username. No joy. I concluded the forum admin perhaps had a way to trace the IP and if it matched a banned person's IP, the account creation wouldn't go ahead.

However a few months back I installed a VPN to further protect my online activity. Yesterday I thought I'd retry creating an account on this other forum. It seemed to have worked, however today it's obviously been removed as I can't log in.

At the end of the day it doesn't overly bother me, however I'm intrigued. Surely with me behind a VPN and using different email and username, they'd have no way to trace my IP now, or would they?

I wouldn't have thought your average forum would have measures to that extent to stop people rejoining, unless it was NASA's forum or something!
julianash

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I've used a vpn before, but now I'm in search of a new and high-quality application...
UolyGooj

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VPNs might get banned too. They use the same servers for many users, and it might happen the website admins understood what’s up with your connection and just banned the entire service.
You can try using a proxy; it’s safer and easier. A good proxy server like https://soax.com/brazil-proxy would help you hide most of your data and get a new IP address. It allows you to access any restricted website and content, making it nearly impossible to track and ban. You can use your phone’s mobile data to establish a proxy connection. It’s even cheaper than a regular proxy server.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> SpielByWeb Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: