SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Advice please

View previous topic :: View next topic  
babarnag

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:26 am    Post subject: Advice please Reply with quote

Hi! I started suffering with bowel inflammation & a lot of mucus excretion after a course of clindamycin antibiotics following a cycling accident in August 2020. I lost about 20lbs, had some diarrhoea, but mostly it was just mucus (small amount of blood) and undigested food. Stools then improved and were more or less normal, but mucus excretion continued - often that's all I would pass. Stool samples & blood results were fine (incl c diff), other than calprotectin which was over 600. I had a ct scan which was fine, although apparently they they couldn't see that clearly as I was a bit lean. I was referred to gastro, but when they phoned in November, I felt that things were starting to settle down, so they put it down to ibd due to the antibiotics and that was that. I've now had another flare up, starting just before Xmas. I annoyingly had to go on antibiotics again after a dog bite at the beginning of December (just standard antibiotics this time) so I'm hoping it may just be down to that, but I'm concerned this is now going to be a lifelong problem. Both times it's been a few weeks after finishing the antibiotics, the first time started with massive full body rash, so classic autoimmune reaction to the antibiotics. This time round it's different - I can tell & feel my bowel is v inflamed with some pain and some cramping. However, no mucus, no diarrhoea - if anything, my stools are a bit too firm, which normally I'd be quite pleased about as I've always been a bit loose. I'm nervous about bleeding as I'm on warfarin for anti phospholipid syndrome - I've been on it for over 20yrs after 2 blood clots. I'm 43yrs now. Last time I found cutting out fibre helped with the mucus, but it's different this time so I'm not sure what's best. I have read a bit about the fodmaps diet, but unsure as it seems like a big step to take. I've been taking high strength manuka honey twice/day and cytoplan probiotics last thing at night. After reading a little about everyone's side effects from meds, I'm loathe to take anything, especially after my reactions to antibiotics and possible interactions with warfarin. Any recommendations or advice appreciated! Interested in CBD oil too, including links (if they're allowed) as I was confused when I looked online! Sorry for the lengthy post. I will contact my dr or gastro dr in the new year if I feel I need to, but I'm nervous of getting the ball rolling and know the NHS is struggling enough with the covid situation. I realise that my symptoms are not nearly as bad as some of yours - this has really opened my eyes to how bad some of you have it! I am still scared though as I feel so wrong inside! Tia!
DonnaWilson

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great info, thanks
Martinkatan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I recently ordered a CBD product from this https://www.tillmanstranquils.com/product-category/delta-8/, and God, I'm so glad that I came across this forum because of it wasn't for a detailed post about CBD, then maybe I would never have thought of it. Besides my diabetes, I have a problem sleeping. It is since I am often nervous, and stress affects the central nervous system so much. But after purchasing CBD products, it became much easier for me to fall asleep, as if some magic, I'm telling you, seriously. For all people who have some kind of mental disorder, then I recommend CBD to you. It is much better and more valuable than the various poisonous things that your doctor prescribes to you.
archybows

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks a lot Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> SpielByWeb Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: