SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beirdo and Thyrza Play the META-Game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Did I just waste my day?
Yes; you did!
65%
 65%  [ 13 ]
Yes; and now I realize I wasted my time with them before!
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
I am Beirdo and/or Thyrza, Where do I vote?
30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 20

craw-daddy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beirdo wrote:
craw-daddy wrote:
So I get one of my friends to join the site, make a bunch of games where s/he joins (and others too, if I want), then I tell him/her exactly which moves to make (all for academic purposes, of course). Then I haven't violated the rules of the site, haven't violated the rules of the game (provided, of course, that this isn't prohibited in the game rules), and have only engaged in "strategy" or "diplomacy". So that's okay? (A bit extreme, mind you...)

Ummm, this isn't even close to what we did. We just decided to avoid attacking each other. There is NO rule that says you must attack every opponent, and none that says you can't choose to avoid attacking one altogether. I didn't tell Thyrza what to play, and she didn't tell me what to play.

Hmmm, where did I say that's what you did? <looks> Nope, didn't think so.
But the defensive answer was a neat way of avoiding answering the hypothetical question I posed. Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Beirdo wrote:

craw-daddy wrote:

Maybe what we should really be arguing about is this rule for playing on SpielbyWeb. Wink

* You must treat your fellow gamers politely.

Yes, come to think of it. The people who are calling us cheaters are not following that rule. There is nothing impolite about not attacking each other and choosing to attack the remaining player(s). As a matter of fact, his messages to us were a bit impolite. Just because you don't like how someone plays doesn't give you the right to be rude to them.

Should the word "cheating" be replaced by "unsporting conduct"? Maybe this is the real argument being made here.

<shrug>
Back to grinding other axes...
taimurr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> SpielByWeb Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: