SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Action planning card order
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

How should the actions be ordered in the Action Planning phase?
In the order they will occur (new suggestion)
30%
 30%  [ 27 ]
In the same order as the physical board game (current method)
69%
 69%  [ 62 ]
Total Votes : 89

milksheikh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Action planning card order Reply with quote

I'm in the process of cleaning up my "to-do" list for the site. Many months ago someone suggested:

Quote:
You know what would be handy? If the top row of five cards that we use to choose provinces for each action were the five actions that were know to happen first (i.e. face up cards) and if they were arranged in order. The bottom row of five would be the face down cards [in their normal order so as to not give anything away].

I am curious how many players would prefer this change vs. the way it currently is (the same order as in the physical board game).

If I do implement this suggestion, I will make it a user option, giving you the option of which way you want your Wallenstein games to be presented. But I'd like to know that enough people are interested in this to make it worth the effort.

FYI, the original topic is at http://www.spielbyweb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=234.

Last edited by milksheikh on Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
mrbass

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought they were in order....ooops at least that how I planned my actions. I'm still in the learning phase of this game and waiting till Shogun comes out to learn it F2F and then resume here with Wallenstein.
freduk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just voted for it to remain the same.
Firstly, because I think the closer the site remains to its board counterpart, the better (so I'm 'anti-' the latest Tikal options, but as long as they remain options, then I don't have to use them.)
Secondly, because I'd rather have the actions remain in the same place on the screen each time. They are grouped logically at the moment and I'd rather they stayed that way.
Big Bad Lex

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leave it alone.

I really am struggling to see what benifit this suggested change offers. The actions are sensibly grouped and after a couple of games its second nature to know where they are. Whilst making a move I am frequently scrolling up and down to check out whats happening on the board and to see what the random actions/ grain shortage might be so a realignment of the actions doesn't save any time or effort as the action order is all part of the mix.
raindog

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don`t change anything. It`s already perfect.

one thing though, how can I know how many peasants that are left in the tower when the game starts?
mdfreeman7

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Wally Reply with quote

ummm...I'm not really sure what's being suggested here.
I too thought the action cards were in order. In fact, while I'm still VERY new to Wallenstein, I've checked my current and past games and I'm quite sure they are! Isn't that part of the strategy of the game? Maybe someone could help me here? Or Re-explain (is that a word?) what is being proposed. Shocked
Batadon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="raindog"]Please don`t change anything. It`s already perfect.

one thing though, how can I know how many peasants that are left in the tower when the game starts?[/quote]

Seconded. It would be nice to know if I'm walking into an Ambush O' Death(tm) of 4+ peasants... like I would IRL.
TheCat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raindog wrote:
one thing though, how can I know how many peasants that are left in the tower when the game starts?

Thirded. You know it when you play the game in-person, but you don't when you play on SBW. A real detriment to the online version.
Big Bad Lex

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: Wally Reply with quote

mdfreeman7 wrote:
ummm...I'm not really sure what's being suggested here.
I too thought the action cards were in order. In fact, while I'm still VERY new to Wallenstein, I've checked my current and past games and I'm quite sure they are! Isn't that part of the strategy of the game? Maybe someone could help me here? Or Re-explain (is that a word?) what is being proposed. Shocked

Whats being suggested is that the 10 open action cards that you allocate your territories to in the planning phase are rearranged so that the first 5 reflect the order of the revealed action cards. It's to help the hard of thinking.

I'll also join in at the back of the Peasant info request queue.
lotsa blots

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Peasant Info: YES!!! Reply with quote

I 4th (or 5th or 6th or nth) the suggestion that 'peasants remaining in Tower' be a standard part of display.

Lotsa
mdfreeman7

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Big Bad Lex! I see! I don't know why that would be necessary either. My vote is no.

I vote yes to remaining peasants in the tower.
Gaditus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Presumably it is possible to work out how many armies are in the tower for each player by subtracting the number in supply, cup and on the board from the initial amount. However would it not save effort for this to be displayed as well as peasants - perhaps another column next to numbers in the cup?

Anything to help me understand why I lose virtually every battle I am in would help me!
tomparauda

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since it is mentioned in some of these replies, you may want to see my poll that gives you a chance to vote on the issue of knowing how many peasants and player armies are left in the tower. Take a look at the Wallenstein topic, "Displaying the Number of Armies in the Tower" and cast your opinion!
Knave

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so you know, this topic was 3 years old before you added your final post. The site is not actually being updated any longer Wink
tomparauda

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's too bad. So any suggestions for possible modifications, as well as any polls, are just for discussion purposes? I guess there's still some use in that...

Oh well, I guess it helps to know. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Wallenstein All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: