SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

are you sure notification
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Comments and Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
son of beer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: renegade! Reply with quote

craw-daddy wrote:

I think you answered your own question.

"...we are all here to have fun..."

Wanting to compete doesn't make you a bad sport, the manner in which you're throwing your toys out of the pram *does* make you a bad sport.

Now back to the game playing...

I couldn't have said that better myself. Reef Encounter anyone? Very Happy
renegade

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: renegade! Reply with quote

steve von laudicina wrote:
... All I'm asking is that we improve on something that we all are enjoying. I also play amun-re and like the way it asks us to confirm our selections before proceeding. I believe a similar confirmation would be useful for wallenstein. I think I can speak for everyone in that we are all here to have fun, and hopefully this suggestion will help in that regard. Thanks for all you guys do to make this my favorite new site!

I couldn't have said it better myself. It's all in the delivery.
HappyProle
SBW Developer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you always need to err on the side of caution when posting to web forums, especially ones where you don't know most of the people face-to-face. It's far too easy for people to misread your tone.

And as others have said, generally suggestions are received more favorably than demands.

That's my 2 cents.
fteplin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: renegade! Reply with quote

Steve, of course we all think it's valid to make comments, suggest improvements, and to put forth opinions. (People that don't think it's valid to express an opinion aren't worth spit, but that's just my opinion.)

I think what some SBW players might be reacting to is these two issues:

-You've been on SBW just a short while and have already posted many complaints and issues. Again, there's nothing wrong with your issues, it's just that for many people, "Numerous compaints" + "Short space of time" = "Whining".

-A good way to make a suggestion is to do just that: make a suggestion. "Hey, I'm encountering a problem with this issue. Is anyone else? Here's a possible solution. What does everyone else think of that?" A bad way to make a suggestion is to demand things, then react negatively when other people react to your demands.

Just some thoughts. Of course we are all here to have fun, and hope that we can discuss ways to improve this already exellent site with decorum and respect for one another.

Frank

Also, just a note.
I also play Amun-re and we can't even finish our turn without us confirming it.

Actually, the only thing Amun-re requires you to confirm is your bid on a province. All other actions in the game are carried out the same way, with a single click. In fact, I think Tikal and Reef Encounter are the only games you can back up to the beginning of your turn, and Tikal only in a limited way.
fr33py

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: reply Reply with quote

renegade wrote:
The problem is the supply 3 is too close to the finalize selection, and yes I am paying attention to what I'm doing. I'm brand new to this game and if it wer'nt for that little problem that you claim no one else is having, I would be winning 50% of my games.

Steve, give yourself some credit. You have successfully completed 9 games of Wallenstein and won 4 of them. Not only that, you somehow are able to stay focused on 16 current games of Wallenstein. I admire your ability to juggle that many balls and still hit the right buttons often enough to win more than your fair share of games. Your average time per turn is also outstanding.

Your assertiveness in calling attention to program defects is also to be commended. Not all new players are so bold as to tell the site programmers which way is up without so much as an ounce of tact added in.

While you patiently wait for the new "Steve" button to be added, I suggest you browse through Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People" as a good light read.

OMG! I laughed so friggen hard at work I fell outa my chair!

Nice!

fr33py
freduk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind an "are you sure" when buying a card in Hacienda. Then I can stop buying cards when I meant to play them from hand! Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Comments and Feature Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: