SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Interesting bug in game 5794

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asterix

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Interesting bug in game 5794 Reply with quote

http://www.spielbyweb.com/game.php?games_id=5794

The red player has 9 gold and 1 power card in his hand. He has opened the bidding with a bid of 10 on a province (therefore having to sell that power card if he is successful). But, he has also played a Bid Blockade as part of making the bid - double dipping on that power card!!

I dont think it will affect the game at all in this instance (I'm sure someone else would have forced the bid to 21 anyway). However it's an interesting little quirk that might need fixing for future games.
modboy

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure that red didn't have 2 power cards before playing the bid blockade? This would make the most sense to me.
Asterix

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe (though I could be wrong) that you dont actually sell the power cards until you are successful in the bid.
fteplin

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, but I think that as soon as you play a power card, it leaves your hand. So what probably happened was this:

Player has 9 gold and 2 power cards: one Bid Blockade and another, unknown card.

Player plays the Bid Blockade card. He now has 9 gold and 1 power card, with a played Bid Blockade card down on the table.

Player bids 10.

Hope this helps!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Amun-Re All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: