SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spontainous Peasent Revolt

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raven

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Spontainous Peasent Revolt Reply with quote

I just occupied nuetral Strassburg and found it was immediatly in revolt.
No, I have not harveted or Taxed there. And it is not winter. I just now occupied it and it is already revolting..here is the gamelog:

Raven moved 5 armies from Bm. Zweibrücken into unoccupied Strassburg (Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:26 pm)
-- 5 of Raven's attacking armies plus 2 from the cup and 1 defending peasants plus 0 from the cup go into the tower (Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:26 pm)
-- 2 of Raven's attacking armies and 1 defending peasants come out of the tower (Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:26 pm)
-- The attack succeeds: 1 of P Raven's armies occupy the conquered territory and 1 return to the supply (Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:26 pm)
-- 3 of salicotto's armies and 1 of Morrigan's armies remain in the cup
Golux13

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the rules:

Quote:
Player versus an empty province

An empty province is defended by one farmer army. If a player moves into an empty province, all attacking armies and one farmer army (and all armies in the cup) are thrown in the tower. Armies other than farmers and those of the aggressor are not involved.

If the aggressor conquers the province, he/she occupies it with his/her remaining armies and a revolt marker is added to the province.

Sounds like your turn went exactly correctly. You sent 5 armies from the board and 2 from the cup into Strassburg, where one peasant (farmer) took up his pitchfork to defend his home. Most of your armies stayed in the tower, where it is nice and cozy. Two of yours came out as well as the peasant (or his twin brother), so you take the province with one army and get a revolt marker.

So what's the problem?
Raven

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: oops Reply with quote

Hmmm..my bad...I'll have to notify my local boardgaming group that they've overlooked a rather significant rule...perhpas our fearless leader (the one who actually owns all the games) mistranslated that bit from the German rules.

Last edited by Raven on Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Golux13

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you were missing the "place a revolt marker on the occupied province" rather than the "one farmer defends" part of that rule. Otherwise, you'd just march your armies in unopposed, right? Smile
Raven

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: revolt marker Reply with quote

Yeah, I knew the farmers defended with one...just didn't know they got a revolt marker afterwards...what do the peasents care who the local lord is?...shoud be all the same to them. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Wallenstein All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: