SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pages not being refreshed (ie. cache control problems?)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JeffyJeff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Pages not being refreshed (ie. cache control problems?) Reply with quote

Did anything change in regards to HTTP cache control directives reply headers returned to clients? This seems to have started at the same time (ie. within last 24 hours) the changes to cookies were made (which are also HTTP reply headers)...

At least the two pages I see affected are:

http://www.spielbyweb.com/yourgames.php - after making my move in one game I usually click on the "Your Games" link to go back to this page, and it's always reloaded the page. Now the browser (Opera) is using the cached copy. Opera has always been good at handling cache control directives.

http://www.spielbyweb.com/games.php - after I created a new game I clicked on the "Games List" link to return to this page and had to manually reload again to see my new game

Jeff
RyanMC
SBW Developer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't recreate this one on my side. What browser and OS?
JeffyJeff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanMC wrote:
I can't recreate this one on my side. What browser and OS?
Opera 8.5 on Windows XP

1st time I'm seeing this since I joined in October so it seemed like more than a coincidence this started within the same 24 hour period that cookie changes were made (cookies and cache control directives are both contained in HTTP Reply headers).

Using SamSpade tool here's the headers I see:

Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 18:06:54 GMT
Server: Apache/2.2.0 (Unix) PHP/5.1.2
X-Powered-By: PHP/5.1.2
Set-Cookie: spielbyweb_data=a%3A2%3A%7Bs%3A11%3A%22autologinid%22%3Bs%3A0%3A%22%22%3Bs%3A6%3A%22userid%22%3Bi%3A-1%3B%7D; expires=Wed, 18-Apr-2007 18:06:54 GMT; path=/; domain=www.spielbyweb.com
Set-Cookie: spielbyweb_sid=412e3c30b5da77b9b8b00591cd0ef520; path=/; domain=www.spielbyweb.com
Connection: close
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Content-Type: text/html

There are no cache control directives... now it may be the site wasn't using cache control directives before... it could be my client when it GET's the page is using one of those (I'm not sure the exact header) Only-If-Modified-Since headers...

Also note that I logged in via the forum login page instead of the new login form on the home page... let me try clearing out my cookies for this site and logging in again with the new form....
JeffyJeff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearing out cookies and then logging in via the new login form on the home page didn't make a difference Sad
JeffyJeff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I'm not alone... see http://www.spielbyweb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=515
milksheikh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, I am also experiencing it. I wouldn't think anything I did during the past 48 hours would have caused this, but who knows. Will research...
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
milksheikh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've added an Expires: header to all dynamically generated output (which is pretty much everything), with an immediate expiration, so hopefully that will fix it. Let me know if not...
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: