SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Official login issues thread

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
milksheikh
Site Admin


Joined: 24 Sep 03
Posts: 399

Location: Brooklyn, New York, USA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Official login issues thread Reply with quote

I'm working on this problem -- any solutions will be posted here.

I have made some changes to the cookies that the site issues. Try deleting all spielbyweb.com cookies and then log in. If you have any problems, please let me know.


Last edited by milksheikh on Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
milksheikh
Site Admin


Joined: 24 Sep 03
Posts: 399

Location: Brooklyn, New York, USA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other comments on this issue in the following posts (all of which have been closed):

http://www.spielbyweb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482
http://www.spielbyweb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=483
http://www.spielbyweb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=507
http://www.spielbyweb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=509
Back to top
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Llama



Joined: 02 Apr 04
Posts: 19

Location: Philadelphia, PA (USA)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: Official login issues thread Reply with quote

milksheikh wrote:
For now, try deleting all spielbyweb.com cookies and try logging in again.


Didn't work for me.... Crying or Very sad
_________________
--
Regards,


joe
Joe Casadonte
jcasadonte@northbound-train.com
Back to top
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message
Würfel



Joined: 10 Nov 05
Posts: 3

Location: USA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got logged out of Amun-Re mid-turn. I had selected not to take any power cards and went to select taking a farmer and the screen said I wasn't playing in that game. I looked up and somehow I'd been logged out without even leaving the website.
Back to top
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message
nearsider



Joined: 22 Jan 06
Posts: 42

Location: New York, NY

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this in the other thread, but when I switched to Safari it worked. It still doesn't work in Firefox for me. So if you're still having issues, you might want to try changing browsers for a temporary fix.
Back to top
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message
Otto



Joined: 11 Jun 05
Posts: 2


PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whew, I was finally able to get back into my "fast" game... Thanks Mikael! Very Happy
I had even tried logging in on another computer that was working for another player, and that didn't work. So, I am not sure it was just a cookie-issue, but I can log in now.


In case someone else has this problem:

Delete all temporary internet files (cookies)... I don't think all the SBW cookies are obviously labeled. It didn't work when I only deleted the obvious ones. Close all browser windows, then try logging in again.

Happy games!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
milksheikh
Site Admin


Joined: 24 Sep 03
Posts: 399

Location: Brooklyn, New York, USA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made some changes to the cookies that the site issues. It seems to be working fine for me (using a variety of browsers) -- if any of you continue to have problems, please let me know.
Back to top
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
seamusk



Joined: 05 Feb 05
Posts: 21


PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: ew: login Reply with quote

milksheikh wrote:
I made some changes to the cookies that the site issues. It seems to be working fine for me (using a variety of browsers) -- if any of you continue to have problems, please let me know.


I can login and play but I cannot get it to remember my login. I tried using the login on the bottom of the forum and the other one and it doesn't work in either case. Is this no longer an option with the login changes?
Back to top
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message
RyanMC
SBW Developer


Joined: 13 Sep 05
Posts: 344

Location: Draper, UT USA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: ew: login Reply with quote

seamusk wrote:
milksheikh wrote:
I made some changes to the cookies that the site issues. It seems to be working fine for me (using a variety of browsers) -- if any of you continue to have problems, please let me know.


I can login and play but I cannot get it to remember my login. I tried using the login on the bottom of the forum and the other one and it doesn't work in either case. Is this no longer an option with the login changes?


Did you mark the box(on the forum page login) to remember you? What browser are you using? OS?
_________________
---------------
-=RyanMC=-
---------------
Back to top
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Visit poster's website
seamusk



Joined: 05 Feb 05
Posts: 21


PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: ew: login Reply with quote

RyanMC wrote:
seamusk wrote:
milksheikh wrote:
I made some changes to the cookies that the site issues. It seems to be working fine for me (using a variety of browsers) -- if any of you continue to have problems, please let me know.


I can login and play but I cannot get it to remember my login. I tried using the login on the bottom of the forum and the other one and it doesn't work in either case. Is this no longer an option with the login changes?


Did you mark the box(on the forum page login) to remember you? What browser are you using? OS?


yes, I checked it. I'm using Safari in OSX.4
Back to top
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message
seamusk



Joined: 05 Feb 05
Posts: 21


PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: re: login Reply with quote

actually, nevermind. I just re-tested it and it worked. Not sure why that is.
Back to top
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message
son of beer



Joined: 19 Feb 06
Posts: 7

Location: New Zealand

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Official login issues thread Reply with quote

milksheikh wrote:
I'm working on this problem -- any solutions will be posted here.

I have made some changes to the cookies that the site issues. Try deleting all spielbyweb.com cookies and then log in. If you have any problems, please let me know.


I am able to log on to the site fine, but when I try to access my games through the "Your Games" link it comes up displaying that I am L_hudson. If I try and enter a game the site prompts me to log in again

I have deleted all cookies and temp files but am still unable to resolve the problem...
Back to top
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message
RyanMC
SBW Developer


Joined: 13 Sep 05
Posts: 344

Location: Draper, UT USA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you are getting to the site via www.spielbyweb.com and NOT through spielbyweb.com I was playing with a few things and not appending the www. will cause you problems.
_________________
---------------
-=RyanMC=-
---------------
Back to top
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Visit poster's website
Riff



Joined: 30 Oct 05
Posts: 20


PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for fixing the cookies issue! Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group