SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

restart turn
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shotokanguy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: restart turn Reply with quote

It is possible to restart your turn in Amun Re, but it is not as easy to do as it is in Reef Encounter or Tikal. If you are in the middle of buying resources for example, and you forget to play a power card or change your mind about something, there is no way to go back, or to start your turn over. In Tikal, you can start your turn over at any time. I would like to request a restart turn option to be continuously displayed in Amun Re. This would make a great game even better. Thanks!
Telbert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:06 am    Post subject: Re: restart turn Reply with quote

The problem with restarting your turn in Amun re is the drawing of power cards. I could see what the top 4 power cards are, then start my turn again and only draw the useful first 2. You couldnt shuffle the cards each time, as I could keep drawing 2 cards until I get the cards I want, hence I dont think this could be implemented.
HappyProle
SBW Developer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would just have to work like it does in Tikal: once you've seen any hidden information, your turn-restart-point is updated to that action. So you could restart your turn to the point right after you bought power cards.
eratos

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At which point you only have 2 decisions to make anyway.

Really no point to having this option.
t_o_m9

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what I have found as frustrating is the default selection of "play the change the offering card" when stealing money. In some cases, I selected to steal money, and not realized that the change the offering card was played. At this point I would like to be able to redo my offering and remove that card, since I can't see what others have offered, as long as I'm not the last one.
ebots_mind

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Restart option in Amun-Re is OK Reply with quote

I would also like to see a restart turn option in Amun-Re. Even though I am a beginner and I'll pick more things up as I go, a restart option would have spared me fretting over a bad bid on a province, change in heart over rewards, or restrategizing the delegation of farmers/building stones on particular provinces.
lord_nelson

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how the redo-turn ability is handled in Hacienda, it is just like mentioned above, you can restart back to the point where you revealed a card.

it would be nice if all the other games had the same ability.
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sbryantf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest problem I've had with Amun-Re is forgetting to play the free farmer power card before I buy my farmers. Now that I've played a lot of games on SBW it comes as second nature to play the free farmer first, but I definitely missed it several times in my early games.

So that would be at least one benefit of adding an "undo" feature to Amun-Re. At least it would provide a mechanism to play the free farmer card if you happen to forget. But I suppose this particular issue could be handled just as easily by allowing the free farmer card to be played at any point during the buy resources phase.
YankeeFan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: undo actions Reply with quote

I had been wondering if there was a way to suggest the redoing of purchases, the way it's done in Tikal and Hacienda when I saw this dialog had gone on last fall. I'd like to add my voice to those who would like to see the undoing of actions (other than power cards). Another choice would be having the purchase of power cards be the last action...buy the stones, then farmers then cards (or have the user choose the order of them) and like in Tikal, once cards are bought, nothing can be undone previously.
docaction

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: undo actions Reply with quote

YankeeFan wrote:
Another choice would be having the purchase of power cards be the last action...buy the stones, then farmers then cards (or have the user choose the order of them) and like in Tikal, once cards are bought, nothing can be undone previously.

Buying of power cards has to be the first action in the buying phase. Rolling Eyes
YankeeFan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: undo actions Reply with quote

docaction wrote:
Buying of power cards has to be the first action in the buying phase. Rolling Eyes

I've never played the game FTF...is that in the rulebook?

Still, like Tikal, actions could be undone back to the drawing of cards. I would even like to see the stones bought and then the player gets a chance to look at the board to see if the stones were put in the places your intended and then get an "end of turn" confirmation. It seems that should be possible.
RyanMC
SBW Developer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will be a solution to this implemented in the future. Myke already has most of the ground work layed out. The problem is we are both super busy right now and don't have time to properly test it. Once we can test it out we should have it up and running. Until that time, just click carefully, thousands of games have been completed as it is.
YankeeFan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanMC wrote:
There will be a solution to this implemented in the future. Myke already has most of the ground work layed out. The problem is we are both super busy right now and don't have time to properly test it. Once we can test it out we should have it up and running. Until that time, just click carefully, thousands of games have been completed as it is.

Thanks Ryan!

Will you taking volunteers for a beta test when it gets to that phase?
bearsfan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: undo actions Reply with quote

YankeeFan wrote:
docaction wrote:

I've never played the game FTF...is that in the rulebook?

The Amun-Re rules do require power cards to be bought first. This makes sense, since there are times when your other purchases can be affected by the cards you draw. (eg. if you need to buy enough farmers to get the bonus)
hseldon

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: I wish it was done Reply with quote

I was reading through here to find out if I could undo my purchase of farmers as I needed to buy stones and my toddler was distracting me. Granted I was not in a great position and will lose anyway, now I will just lose spectactularly. Maybe I will never finish my turn and leave the game in limbo! Twisted Evil I am playing with my friends and they will eventually yell at me or worse.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Amun-Re All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: