SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

reaching 2 markets at same time?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tripitaka

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: reaching 2 markets at same time? Reply with quote

I played a game recently where i had the option of connecting to 2 markets simultaneously by placing 1 animal tile. It would have been the first 2 markets i would have reached in the game.

I was expecting to receive 1+2 = 3 points for this move but i was only being awarded 1 point. Is this part of the rules or a bug. I couldn't find any reference to this in the rules.

And if i had completed this move - which i didn't - and had subsequently connected to a 3rd market later in the game would i have received 2 points for that or 3 points for doing so?

thanks
Trip
andyp

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is i think a bit of a bug - I agree you should receive 1+2 points actually you receive the higher of the two so 2 points, you'd then receive the normal 3 points for 3rd market later so don't connect two simulatenous late in the game but at the start its all good.
faticus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also observed what andyp just described. It's probably a bug, and I could not find documentation on it. I try to avoid maps where two markets are within one tile of each other. As the rules for scoring in this situation are not documented, it creates an unfair disadvantage for players that have not encountered the situation.

For the first two markets, I agree it's almost always good to connect to 2 markets with 1 animal card. If you connect to each one separately, you must use 2 animals cards. Each placement costs 1 action. (Actually, you should also consider a new animal card costs 1 action and 2-3 pesos to acquire). It seems better to use 1 animal card to get 2 points rather than using 2 animal cards to gain 3 points. However, you can never get the point for the first market in the former case. As andyp suggests, this problem gets progressively worse.

If you have 5 markets and you connect to 2 markets with 1 animal card, you will get 12 points. However, if you connected these markets one at a time, you would get 23 points for 2 animal cards. This seems like a better deal.
Kanga

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

note that it's only a bug in the V2 game.

in a V1 or V0 game you'll score points for touching both.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Hacienda All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: