SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed up game idea
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AmericanEagle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Speed up game idea Reply with quote

Can you make it that when its on a phase and its not your turn, that you can enter in your move and whenyour turn comes, that move is invoked? Example: Buy Resources (let's say you are the 5th player but knwo what you want, just enter in you purchases for cards, farmers and stones and when the 4th player completes their purchase your turn is automatically completed)

Areas: Buying Resources, Amun-Re donations, Rewards, Income

You can always wait for the palyers ahead of you ehan it matters. i find many times that I've already made my decision and just waiting for my turn in that phase to come

Great site, keep up the great work!
milksheikh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not terribly enthusiastic about this suggestion, for two reasons:

1. It will take a significant effort to implement, particularly for the buying resources and rewards phases.

2. I fear that players will set their choices, then change their mind too late (perhaps in reaction to another player's move), and come begging for me to "fix" it.

But I'll keep it in mind.

(BTW, the "Amun-Re donations" phase, assuming you mean the sacrifice/offering, is done simultaneously, so this shouldn't be included, right? Unless you mean the actual use of Change the Offering cards...?)
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
AmericanEagle

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the effort it would take and I'm sure there are many other important things to take care of. As for players wanting to change their mind (and bug you for a change), then they should not make any move in advance if they are not sure. I find many times that I already know the number of power cards, farmers and stones I will be getting this round, then I have to wait. By the time it gets back to me I'm sometimes forget about this game and what I was going to do. Making the donation is probably better handled the way it currenlty is, becasue I never make my decison until after I see what's been purchased. The change the offering card needs to be in order sequence the way you have it, becasue you have no idea what the total sacrifice is going to be, which may change your decision (usually it doesn't, but it can).

On another note: I've noticed that players get no rewards for playing a good game and not winning, only the winner gets rewarded (I could be wrong). You can play a game score 40+ points lose becasue another player wants to be a king maker and then get nothing out of that game.

I only dream about having the talent and time you have to dedicate to this site. Thanks for keeping up the great work!
craw-daddy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmericanEagle wrote:

I find many times that I already know the number of power cards, farmers and stones I will be getting this round, then I have to wait. By the time it gets back to me I'm sometimes forget about this game and what I was going to do. ....

As a friendly suggestion, try using the "Notepad" on the game. That way you can write yourself a note about what you're going to do (or what you think you want to do) so that way you'll see it when it comes around to your turn. No one else can see it except you. Just be careful to use the "Notepad" and not the "Messages" link. One time I accidentally posted my reminder to myself to everyone in the game. It didn't change anything I think, but it was a bit embarassing. At least I didn't post an insulting note like "make sure I do x,y,z so that jerk pdq doesn't win/score/etc." Laughing (I hope there isn't really a user named 'pdq'. I mean no offense if there is one. Wink )
mojai

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Speed up when "no choice" but just to "confir Reply with quote

There are a few occasions that during your turn, U have no choice but just to click the CONFIRM button such as when U have no power card to enhance your harvesting or no power card to add any point during the scoring phase. Sometimes, the game just hang up for the one who yet to come back for this CONFIRM button. How about just let the game keep running automatically when no choice could be preformed by the players?!
RyanMC
SBW Developer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because it shows information. It shows they don't have that card.
mojai

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about simple delay for 5 mins and then skip to next player. No one knows what's going on within that 5 mins then.
areeve

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Speeding Up The Game Reply with quote

One thing that I think would be nice is to short circuit some of the decision making... for example, if a player plays a change the offering and the total is 8... well +3 and -3 will leave us at 2 so let's just skip that decision. Would that be tough to implement?
coolpapa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another idea for speeding up the game a bit - would it be difficult to change the "receive income" phase so that it could be done simultaneously, rather than in order? That's the one place where I think it would be rare that your actions depend on another players'.
HappyProle
SBW Developer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this has been covered elsewhere, but the general idea is that it's possible that you could sell cards or play cards on your turn to change your income that may influence someone who comes after you to either play a card or not.
coolpapa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I can see that. I don't think that I would ever do that personally, but maybe that's just a sign I don't think quite enough when I play this game. Very Happy
dcorban

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I am in the minority, but I find my games go at a pretty good pace.
Bkruppa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't being Canadien automatically make you in the minority? Twisted Evil
Adversarian

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some obvious times that could be speed up Amun Re games. For example in the collect income phase even when you don't have any cards that can effect your income you still have to click collect to finish the phase. This could be done automatically. It could give some info to other players if it happened fast, but so be it, it isn't much information.
nearsider

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with DCorban. Is there really an issue of needing to speed up these games?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Amun-Re All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: