SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New official Multiplayer Tournament
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
almondralf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you get the points for both but only the money for one!
brennus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

almondralf wrote:
I think you get the points for both but only the money for one!

True.
faticus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I just tested it. Before the test, I had zero markets. I placed an animal touching 2 markets. Surprisingly, I got 2 points!

I looked at the game log and found I scored 2 points for connecting to 1 market! However, this was the first market listed in the log, and that normally would be worth 1 point.

So it appears you can only get market points for 1 market per tile placement, although the market count seems to be increased by the number of new markets that are touched by the tile.
faticus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

However, it's not clear what will happen if I touch either of these markets again.

IBX: please re-create the game with a reasonable map, preferably one from the first round of a recent tournament. Please put "remake" or "2nd try" in the title.

After we start the remake, I'll continue playing the first one for fun.
Early_10

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if I'm understanding correctly, I create two games and Andyp creates our third.
Total_Twit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i forgot to add that the games should only be the maps we used in rd one, that would have made the advantage slightly less - although they could pick variants...

as it happens almondralf playing me pickd a couple of different maps but I'm happy to play on any map, also I've played one of them a few times before which helps

if anyone still hasn't created their games then i recommend they use the ones from rd 1

because of the seeding, i just wanted to give the players who finished 4-6th a slight advantage since when you take on a someone who's won a few tournaments it can be a bit too tough...( the better players tended to win the 2-player league run last year)
lindalait

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M-Player Plate 15 now set up
Total_Twit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, first final place goes to IBX in the 3 vs 4 play-off... quickly looked at the games and looks it was extremely close (as you might expect) with IBX pipping facticus by winning the last and deciding game on gold countback.
Total_Twit

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like the plate competition is progressing well and I'll do an update of this later....

I can now tell you that I've just finished my very close and very exciting match with almondralf.... our match was equally as close as the 3rd - 4th play-off.. we each triumphed with good strategies on two maps (with ralf clawing back a 13 pt deficit by winning the 2nd half by 35 pts to win the match by 9 pts)... the other game was an odd map restricted by few markets, so I went for the strategy of buy as much land as possible and hope for the best!, Ralf bought good land too but also squeezed every last peso out of me (i had to use 7 havests - getting quite desperate!). Ralf leading the V2 the whole way until I bought a couple of lucky animals to help with money and this saw me home by one piece of land right at the death....hard luck ralf!....

So I'll be joining IBX in the final with one of AndyP vs Early10 taking the remaining place.
andyp

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we're about 2/3rds of the way through 2xv2 and 1xv0 which makes for longer games sos. quite close too - must be good maps not big swings on any of them - I'm probably winning one the other 2 are hard to say
IBX

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Total_Twit wrote:
ok, first final place goes to IBX in the 3 vs 4 play-off... quickly looked at the games and looks it was extremely close (as you might expect) with IBX pipping facticus by winning the last and deciding game on gold countback.

Actually won all three. faticus won the one game that I had started and he asked that I re-create using a different map due to unpredictable anomalies.

But correct in saying they were all very close...including the one I ended with a tie-break win because I had no confidence in hanging on to the lead moving forward.
andyp

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our games are nearing the end now - 1 finished and 1 only at half time but ask Early i'd imagine he'll say we can start the final. Likely he won't be able to catch me on either the other two games.

Andy
andyp

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished the first 2 and I won both so the final can be started if you want.
Total_Twit

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for keeping me posted... i've been away for a couple of days but thought I'd have internet when in fact I didnt....

I guess that's it for the 2-player semis....

Well done to AndyP, IBX with solid performances and myself for just squeezng past against almondralf.

it's a normal 3-player final.... each player to create a game of their choice from maps 799, 839, 876 and also 70, 74, 179, 246

password = tournament

2-way and 3-way ties to be decided based on the person who has used the lease number of "offensive water blocks", then based on aggregate % of winning score over all three games.
andyp

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but I do love a good water block - clearly biased against me!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Hacienda All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: