SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

rule clarifications

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tripitaka

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: rule clarifications Reply with quote

Hi All,

played my first game of tikal last night but realized i had a bunch of questions regarding rules. Hope someone can help:

1. Placing a hexagon. In the rule book it states that "When placing a hexagon, there must be at least one stone leading TO it FROM an adjacent explored hexagon". When we played last night we got to a point where we could only play a hexagon in one spot as all off the other hexagons on the board had no stones facing an empty space. In the rules right after that sentence above comes this sentence "The stone may be on the new hexagon, the explored one, or both" so which is correct? i am a little confused.

2. Building temples. Lets say i have 2 workers on a hexagon containing a temple of value 1. When it is my go i can spend 2AP to build it to level 2 then another 2AP to build it to level 3. is that right? Now if i keep these 2 workers on this hexagon - i dont move them - then when my turn comes around again, can i spend another 4AP and build it up to level 4 then 5? or do i need another 2 workers to have entered the hexagon?

3. Building a camp. If i have 2 camps on the board and all my workers are on the board how do i use the camps? Are they worthless if all my workers are on the board? Or can i still use these camps to jump from one camp to another camp. Do you spend APs to jump from one camp to another?

i think thats it for now. any help appreciated
trip
JokeToy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the world of tikal on sbw, trip.

1) as long as there at least 1 stone connecting a newly placed tile with a previously placed tile the placement is legal. it doesn't matter which tile has the stone or stones. volcanoes can be placed adjacent to any tile without following the "connecting stone" rule. there is a rare case that is a slight exception to this volcano placement rule. it only comes up if placing a volcano adjacent to another volcano would make an uncovered hex completely inaccessible. it's so rare you don't have to worry about it.

2) as long as you have at least 2 workers on a temple tile you may raise the value of that temple twice per turn. you don't even need the majority at the temple tile to do this (but in almost every case you would want the majority). you must raise the temples in strict order of numbered tokens, in other words, a 6 token can only cover a 5 token, etc. these tokens run out during the course of the game so if one you need is no longer available, that temple's value can no longer be raised.

3) one of the key properties of a camp is that you may always move a worker or your leader from camp to camp, including the commonly shared base camp, for 1 action point. this is the same cost as bringing a new worker from your supply into camp.

hope i didn't muddy the waters further with these answers. look forward to seeing you at the "tables" soon Cool

Last edited by JokeToy on Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
tripitaka

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers JokeToy. Much appreciated!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Tikal All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: