SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

bug in volcano tile placement

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JokeToy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:48 am    Post subject: bug in volcano tile placement Reply with quote

there appears to be a bug in Game 90748: just for fun tikal 3p auct.

the program is not allowing JokeToy to place a volcano tile at 8-2. this is a perfectly legal placement.

please let me know if there is an easy fix for this problem. i hope the fix will not involve re-coding Sad

thanks very much for your time...JokeToy
The Hammer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:06 pm    Post subject: Volcano placement Reply with quote

JT - Can you place the Volcano on any other open tile? If yes - maybe try that but don't finish your turn. Half way through using your action points choose the 'start your turn over' icon and see if that frees up the 8-2 place on the board. Nothing ventured - nothing gained. Worth a shot!.

Hammer
wurzel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Placing your volcano at 8:2 is not a valid placement because it then nullifies position 8:1. You need to place it at 8:1 or somewhere else, so it allows for every tile to be placed in the game. I hope that makes sense. Smile
JokeToy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like wurzel's explanation because it makes perfect sense. looks like the program is working correctly. sorry to cause any confusion.

thanks for your help and patience, JokeToy
The Hammer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Placement Reply with quote

Wurzel hit the nail right on the head. I should have picked up on that. Nice observation and problem solved.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Tikal All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: