SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tikal Auction Tournament

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: Tikal Auction Tournament Reply with quote

The six player Tikal Auction tournament is now ready to commense. We have six participants.

The players are / Bogey, borisumi, Iceman, jamesparauda, Joketoy and The Hammer. Thanks to everyone signing up and having the interest in this style of tournament.

Just as a reminder are the following particulars:

1) All games will be the auction variant
2) All games will be 3 player
3) Each player will play a total of 10 games
4) There will be 20 games total
5) The tournament will be broken down into 4 rounds of five games
6) Scoring per position finished each game / 1st - 5 pts / 2nd - 2 pts / 3rd - 1 pt
7) I'll keep track of everyones scoring and update all at the end of each round

A few notes: As mentioned earlier in your invite this particular tournament is designed to have every player play against everyone participating in every possible 3 player pairing. The tourneys I've played in from the past have always had 16 to 24 players and it is unreasonable to play everyone - let alone in all the different combinations possible. This setup allows for that. Though the number of players is small there is plenty of Tikal to go around for all.

Though there is no particular great hurry for this tournament to be over with (shoot - it's just starting) I would like to emphasize to everyone to please be punctual in checking the progress of your games. My gut feeling tells me my five fellow players are probably thinking 'no kidding'. Smile I believe we all have patience with playing auction style - that being evident because of the extra time with the bidding process. Just a friendly reminder to check progress - everyone likes to see it's their turn already. If someone should need to take a pause for any reason please use the callender showing your absense dates so we all know you didn't just skip town. Thanks! Smile

Finally - with five games per round I just wanted to inform everyone that in the 1st round 3 players will be playing in 3 games and the remaining 3 players will only play in 2 games. Then in the 2nd round the scenario flips. The first 3 will only play in 2 games while the remaining 3 will play in 3 games. Rounds three and four mirror rounds one and two - finishing with everyone playing their 10 games.

Now for the pairings and game titles. Please use the following title for each game: TAT3P#. The game number will follow after the number sign. So the first five games will be 1 thru 5. Kind of a no brainer, eh? Here are the pairings for round one:

TAT3P#1 - Bogey, borisumi, Iceman

TAT3P#2 - Bogey, jamesparauda, The Hammer

TAT3P#3 - Bogey, borisumi, JokeToy

TAT3P#4 - borisumi, Iceman, jamesparauda

TAT3P#5 - Iceman, JokeToy, The Hammer

Make sure when you set up the games you make them passworded games. The password for the tournament will be auction.

Bogey, if you wouldn't mind I'll ask you to set up games 1, 2 and 3. You're the only player who plays in all three of those games. Thought it made sense to have you handle that little chore. Thanks. Iceman has already set up games 4 and 5 and they are ready for those players to join. And please put the players names in the comment section for easy ID.

I believe that covers everything guys. If I've left anything out or you have a question just send me a text. With that I think we're ready to play Tikal - auction style.

Everyone have a good tourney. Happy gaming! the Hammer Smile
Bogey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

games have been set up
The Hammer

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 12:46 am    Post subject: Round one coming to a close - ties Reply with quote

Gents - Just wanted to touch base with everyone involved in the small six player Tikal auction tourney. Round one is going to close out shortly. Games #2 and #3 have finished and games #1 and #5 are in their 11th and 12th rounds respectively as I type. Game #4 is lagging behind a bit being in round 8 - but hopefully can conclude not long after 1 and 5.

Need to address the possibility of players finishing a game in a tie - whether for 1st or 2nd place. Mainly because it just happened in game #2.

First off - if two players tie for high score the 3rd player of the group will still score 1 pt for being 3rd. I will take the 5 pts for 1st place and the 2 pts for second place and add them together equaling 7. Then divide the 7 pts between the two giving them each 3.5 pts for sharing the win.

I don't really see any other logical way to score the finish of a game that ends in some kind of tie. Some might argue letting both players score 5 pts for the victory. The site awards a victory to tying players with high scores. But I believe for the tourney we should exercise not giving quite the same luxury to two players scoring equaly as we do to one player winning the game outright.

The same type of scoring will apply for two players tying for second high score. The 2 pts for 2nd and the 1 pt for 3rd will be added together to equal 3 pts and then divided in two to score each player 1.5 pts. I can't say I'm a big fan of awarding 1/2 pts but I believe this to be the fairest way to score the points. Naturally the player scoring highest will still get 5 pts for the win.

If anyone has anything they would like to chime in on regarding this issue then by all means add your thoughts and/or comments. If there is a better solution to this occurence then we will explore it.

Just as an FYI - Bogey took honors in scoring the 1st victory of the tourney in game #3 and tied for the victory in game #2. Nice start!

Will be back with the 1st round results and the 2nd round pairings soon. Happy gaming - The Hammer
The Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Tikal Auction Tourney - 3 Player - Round 2 pairings Reply with quote

With 3 games now concluded and game #1 in the 12 round and game #4 in the eighth round - the 1st round of the tournament should close out soon. With that I want to disclose the Round 2 pairings. Cool

They are as follows:

TAT3P#6 - Bogey - Jamesparauda - JokeToy

TAT3P#7 - Bogey - Iceman - The Hammer

TAT3P#8 - Borisumi - Iceman - JokeToy

TAT3P#9 - Borisumi - Jamesparauda - The Hammer

TAT3P#10 - Jamesparauda - JokeToy - The Hammer

I will setup games 7, 9 and 10. JokeToy - if you would please do the honors this round and help out by setting up games 6 and 8 it would be appreciated. Thanks. Smile

Title the games TAT3P# followed by number of the games you're setting up. Please make sure you make them passworded games and please add in the comment line the names of the players in the game. It helps make it easier for the guys to join the correct games. Thanks. The password will again be auction. We'll both go ahead and set these up and get started on round 2 - even though round 1 is still in the finishing stages.

The 1st round has taken roughly a month to play - a few days past actually. If we can all keep abreast of the games we have going and finish a round a month we could possibly finish up the tourney by the Labor Day weekend - or at least be fairly close to that time table. Everyone will probably have some vacation time thru the summer so that little variable will also have to be figured in. Not trying to preasure or hurry anyone - you all probably have a number of games your playing in addition to the tourney to keep up with - a fairly full plate perhaps. Just a friendly reminder to try and be as prompt as we can. Thanks. Wink

Also - just a quick thanks to Bogey and Iceman for setting up the 1st round games - much appreciated. And again, Congrats to Bogey for pulling off the 1st victory in the tourney in round one winning game number 3.

Lastly - once round one has completed I will post here the results of the first five games - scores and pts. awarded to each player for their achievements thus far. We'll keep ya'll posted - stay tuned!

Thanks again gents and good gaming in round number two! The Hammer Smile
JokeToy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, hammer.

games #6 (Bogey - jamesparauda - JokeToy) and #8 (Borisumi - Iceman - JokeToy) are set up and ready to be joined.

good luck gentlemen !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Tikal All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: