SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No more Werewolf, please!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
milksheikh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: No more Werewolf, please! Reply with quote

I'm sorry to have to ask this, but I'd prefer it if you all didn't play Werewolf here in the forums. The main reason is that I (and a couple others) try to read all posts to keep tabs on problems (even if it doesn't seem that way, as I've been too busy to respond for the past few weeks). With all these WW posts, it's becoming way too much.

We are thinking about a more structured way of providing for Werewolf games, and hopefully we'll be able to do something along those lines. But for now, please don't start any more games (I'll let the two underway finish out).

Thanks!

Last edited by milksheikh on Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Zippy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you get a chance between monitoring all of the ww posts and jerking off would you mind fixing the hoity toity game that is mentioned in the hoity toity bug thread...

thanks...
Golux13

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.

You know, Zippy, you're right. The site operators are not doing enough around here. If I were you, I'd demand your money back. Every penny.
Zippy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Golux13 wrote:
Wow.

You know, Zippy, you're right. The site operators are not doing enough around here. If I were you, I'd demand your money back. Every penny.

is it too much to ask about the game that is broken...

ww is officially over here...

thanks..
Joseph

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:shrug: generally the werewolf games get people from the forums interested, and eventually they join in. If you're not looking for more participation here, then we'll go back where we came from.
Golux13

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's perfectly appropriate to ask about a broken game. It may not be such a good idea to be bitchy and obnoxious when you ask.

And of course, with 300 or so WW posts in the past 24 hours, it's possible you drowned out your own request. Wouldn't that be funny?
Zippy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Golux13 wrote:
I think it's perfectly appropriate to ask about a broken game. It may not be such a good idea to be bitchy and obnoxious when you ask.

And of course, with 300 or so WW posts in the past 24 hours, it's possible you drowned out your own request. Wouldn't that be funny?

300 posts in 2 threads...

when i click on new posts, it pops up all that i haven't read...

like reef encounter for example...

i bumped the hoity toity thread, not that it wasn't at the top...

thanks for your concern, and i'm not bitchy, i'm bitter...
Joseph

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.spielbyweb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=446
HappyProle
SBW Developer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case it's not clear, milksheikh is the only one currently with any mod powers; and based on my interactions with him, he's a pretty busy guy. Give him a break.

While you're waiting for your Hoity Toity game, I'd like to hear some ideas for how best to implement Werewolves as a PBW game here. We've been kicking around some ideas the past couple days, but obviously it'd be beneficial to hear from the people actually playing it.
milksheikh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zippy wrote:
if you get a chance between monitoring all of the ww posts and jerking off would you mind fixing the hoity toity game that is mentioned in the hoity toity bug thread...

thanks...

I will, when I have a chance. Fixing that game will take some thought and time, which I can't spare right now.

Although to be honest, your post doesn't really make me want to.

I've been on vacation since March 3. Yet here I am spending time on this site. Prior to that, I had a bunch of stuff to do for my full-time job (that keeps me fed). Yet I had to spend a couple dozen hours moving the site over to a new host so that it wouldn't be down for a long period of time. I obviously will find the time to keep the site running for the 750+ games running right now. So I have to keep an eye out for major problems, which includes keeping tabs on forum posts (hence my request about Werewolf).

If one or two (or a dozen) games have to wait for me to fix them, well, they have to wait. Sorry, but that's the best I can do.

Back to my holiday...
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Joseph

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HappyProle wrote:
In case it's not clear, milksheikh is the only one currently with any mod powers; and based on my interactions with him, he's a pretty busy guy. Give him a break.

While you're waiting for your Hoity Toity game, I'd like to hear some ideas for how best to implement Werewolves as a PBW game here. We've been kicking around some ideas the past couple days, but obviously it'd be beneficial to hear from the people actually playing it.

Is there a thread for this?

Honestly, I don't think it translates well to an entirely web based format...
Zippy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey look, enjoy your holiday, you obviously deserve it....

not sure why you took a break from it to bust up a game of ww, but alas, you did...

i will gladly volunteer to mod the forums if you are too overwhelmed...

i have credentials...
Early_10

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Golux13 wrote:

Hilarious. :lmao:
HappyProle
SBW Developer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just started a Werewolves discussion thread:

http://www.spielbyweb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1953#1953
Worm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit - see other thread...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> SpielByWeb Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: