SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggestion: calculate points scored for turn
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheCat

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I've played Tikal in-person about 25 or 30 times. I've played a few games online but didn't like the interface much - it's too slow. Also, I'm waiting for SpielByWeb to implement the auction -- I won't play without the auction any more, the non-auction version is just too random for me.

What is a "professional" version of Tikal?
gische

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Strategy and tactics isn´t just to count points in head of course. But it is a part of that game. What I want to say is that will to make Tikal easier then it is in real could make it not so interesting.

I see the counting of points as neither the challenging nor the interesting part of playing Tikal (or any game, for that matter.) I don't think adding a running scoring potential to the interface would make the game easier, it would just make it more efficient.

I've played the game in person probably a dozen times. I'd like the live version better, too, if it would automatically track each player's current scoring potential. It would seriously reduce the analysis paralysis that happens when people are trying to decide what moves to make.
rix_cz

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheCat wrote:
Yes, I've played Tikal in-person about 25 or 30 times. I've played a few games online but didn't like the interface much - it's too slow. Also, I'm waiting for SpielByWeb to implement the auction -- I won't play without the auction any more, the non-auction version is just too random for me.

What is a "professional" version of Tikal?

It is just as you said an auction Smile we are from different countries and it could be called different. Wink
rix_cz

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact I don´t mind if there will be option to calculate score if it will be not automatical and you will have the chance to not to use that calculating.

So one more button called ¨calculation¨ could be there of course, but you should have possibility to not use that button. Is this OK?
TheCat

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In light of our discussion here, Mario's blog posting on Tikal is particularly apropos.

http://boardgamerspastime.com/?p=12
CreativeJamie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

Razz Now, I can see both points:

At first I was pro, for the adding feature, and even wanted to add a feature that would calculate the number of turns I had taken.

However, as an educator, I realized one of the most importent aspects of gaming is to keep your mind working (NOT THE COMPUTER.) When I first started gaming, with a group, it was difficult calculate my score and others. Thus the more experience I have at gaming (in group or computer) the better I get at it.

When I first started the Online Tikal, I kept loosing track of what I had done. I had to revert to writting down what I did. Although, now I can usually keep track without much difficulty. Therefore, I think it is best to keep track yourself.

But I am modern enough to agree with the person that stated, it would be nice as an option. Sometime I would like to play without having to calculate everything because just stratagizing is mind-boggeling enough. [/b]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Tikal All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: