SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about game end implementation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JeffyJeff

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Question about game end implementation Reply with quote

Wondering how the game end final scoring round is implemented since at least the English rules on BGG appear to leave something to be debated...

The rules are clear that when the last/final tile is drawn, that player who draws that last tile uses 10 action points (as normal)... however what's not clear is when the scoring round occurs... ie. is the board scored for the player who drew the last tile, after they've used their 10 action points as normal, scored, or is the 1st player to be scored (after using 10 AP's of course) the player after the player who drew the last tile, or the player who drew the last tile?

BGG Tikal rules topic http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/89971 indicates it's the latter, but that doesn't mean the implementors here interpret the rules the sames way Smile

Wondering because I'm coming up on the final two rounds of play on my 1st SBW Tikal game and I am the player who will draw the last tile (ie. last player in the turn order) and would like to start preparing for final scoring.

Thanks!

Jeff
TheCat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why I like the auction, which has a final scoring round in which players score in point order, from lowest to highest. None of this artificial "I went first, so I score first" mechanic.
jbluestein

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Question about game end implementation Reply with quote

JeffyJeff wrote:
Wondering how the game end final scoring round is implemented since at least the English rules on BGG appear to leave something to be debated...

The rules are clear that when the last/final tile is drawn, that player who draws that last tile uses 10 action points (as normal)... however what's not clear is when the scoring round occurs... ie. is the board scored for the player who drew the last tile, after they've used their 10 action points as normal, scored, or is the 1st player to be scored (after using 10 AP's of course) the player after the player who drew the last tile, or the player who drew the last tile?

I can't speak to proper interpretation of the rules, but having already completed a couple of games on this site, here is how it works here:

The player drawing the last tile places the tile and takes 10 Action Points as normal.
The next player takes 10 Action Points and scores.
The player who drew the last tile takes 10 Action Points and scores.
Game ends.

Josh
JeffyJeff

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Question about game end implementation Reply with quote

jbluestein wrote:
I can't speak to proper interpretation of the rules, but having already completed a couple of games on this site, here is how it works here:

The player drawing the last tile places the tile and takes 10 Action Points as normal.
The next player takes 10 Action Points and scores.
The player who drew the last tile takes 10 Action Points and scores.
Game ends.
Thanks! Now I can at least try to prepare, but scoring last, at least thus far from what I've seen, kind of sucks. But it does appear to match the rules interpretation on BGG.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Tikal All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: