SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What are the tiebreaker rules?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
phil

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: What are the tiebreaker rules? Reply with quote

What are the rules for determining who wins the game if multiple people end with the same score? I don't recall there being any explicit rules for this in the actual board game, yet this online implementation seems to have some. We had a game which ended with two people tying with a score of 94 pts. I was deemed the winner, but I'm not sure if this was because I was the first to achieve 94 pts or whether it was because of something obscure like I used all of my workers. Our consensus was that it should've ended in a tie. So, what tiebreaker rules are being used on this site?

Thanks,

- Phil
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
RyanMC
SBW Developer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe, and I will have to check our code, that both of you got the win added to your record, but only the first person in the database gets shown on the game summary page. If both of you were to check your wins/losses I think you both got credit for the win though.
TheCat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how the code handles it, but you both won - there is no tiebreaker in the Tikal rules.

If you must have a tiebreaker, it should be something other than player order. Without an auction, using player order as a tiebreaker doesn't work, since players can't influence player order.
HappyProle
SBW Developer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They both won. If you check their player stats it reflects that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Tikal All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: