SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

passworded games

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rellekmr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: passworded games Reply with quote

Hi, I am new. There only appears to be games accessible by passwod on the games list. Is this normal? Are open games ever made? How am I supposed to play?
chaosbreaker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:39 am    Post subject: Start your own Reply with quote

Just start a game and leave the password blank so other people can join your game w/o passwords.
HappyProle
SBW Developer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Password games are useful if you want to play with a set group of people (friends, coworkers etc.).

If you start an open game people will join without asking. Likewise if you see an open game, feel free to join it.

My guess is that non-password games fill up pretty quickly so you won't see as many of them listed under "Games Waiting to Start."
seamusk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: open games Reply with quote

For what its worth, open games fill up very fast these days. I had stopped frequenting this site for some time and came back with more games and even my Bus game filled up very fast (used to not do so). I don't usually have a set group I play with so almost always rely on open games. So don't fear. Just start a game and start playing!
Golux13

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think one reason for the proliferation of passworded games was that so many people were coming onto the site, joining games and then disappearing before the games were finished. It's pretty irritating to have a game abandoned like that. By using a password and posting it on the message boards, you can have a little more confidence that the people in the game are going to play it out.

There are also some people who have "committed" (loosely) to playing quickly, because they check in frequently. We use the password "speedy" for some games, so if you see a game that says (in the game comment) something like "frequent player password," you can probably join in with that.

But as others have said, the best way to ensure a game is to start one up with no password. I have yet to wait more than a couple of days for a game to fill up and start.
rellekmr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the responses
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> SpielByWeb Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: