SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Province auction confirmation
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
milksheikh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Province auction confirmation Reply with quote

I have added a confirmation step in the province auction to minimize the chance of mis-bids. After selecting your bid amount, you now must confirm that it is correct (or you can pick something different). Please let me know if there any problems crop up from this.

I was also wondering if the bidding should be moved into the provinces themselves (as one is supposed to do in the face-to-face game) -- let me know your thoughts on that.

Finally, I will no longer adjust any bids or other "mis-clicks" for Amun-Re or any other game -- it is far too time-consuming. So please don't ask...
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
cowdog

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Province auction confirmation Reply with quote

milksheikh wrote:
I was also wondering if the bidding should be moved into the provinces themselves (as one is supposed to do in the face-to-face game) -- let me know your thoughts on that.

I am against this idea. I prefer the table format. The auction data is easy to digest in the table. I would not bee keen on having it spread all over the board.

Cheers,

Hank
Kanga

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Province auction confirmation Reply with quote

milksheikh wrote:
I have added a confirmation step in the province auction to minimize the chance of mis-bids. After selecting your bid amount, you now must confirm that it is correct (or you can pick something different). Please let me know if there any problems crop up from this.

Great work, this should help avoid the problems we've faced so far.

Quote:

I think this would make it much more confusing.

Quote:

Finally, I will no longer adjust any bids or other "mis-clicks" for Amun-Re or any other game -- it is far too time-consuming. So please don't ask...

I was surprised you did it for so long!

Kanga
milksheikh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Province auction confirmation Reply with quote

Kanga wrote:
I was surprised you did it for so long!

Yeah, I perhaps should never have started...

Anyway, I am now going through and taking care of the few outstanding requests, but won't for any future ones...
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
striking_cobra

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

milksheikh wrote:

Is it worth putting this as a sticky in a new message, with a more self-explanatory title? That way more people will read it, or have no excuse to complain that the message was "hidden" inside another message about Province Auction Confirmation.

FWIW - I agree with the stance, if you make a mistake you have to dig yourself out, just like always Wink

Cheers
cobra
pdb64

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milk Sheik
I know you said no more take backs but I wonder whether you'd reconsider for a game (2850) which started before the extra click feature appeared - have posted elsewhere but to no avail so try here.
I thought I'd clicked on Mendes but have actually been given Damanhur. I use Opera and it might be something about the refresh facility. Everyone else has managed to get a province now so it might be too late.
If you can help would be grateful - the idea of a confirmation of auction bid would be great.
Even if you can't reset I'd just like to say what an awesome site.
milksheikh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pdb64 wrote:
Milk Sheik
I know you said no more take backs but I wonder whether you'd reconsider for a game (2850) which started before the extra click feature appeared - have posted elsewhere but to no avail so try here.
I thought I'd clicked on Mendes but have actually been given Damanhur. I use Opera and it might be something about the refresh facility. Everyone else has managed to get a province now so it might be too late.
If you can help would be grateful - the idea of a confirmation of auction bid would be great.
Even if you can't reset I'd just like to say what an awesome site.

I posted a response in the game's messages...
sannepoet

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: posting auction confirmation Reply with quote

I love it. It saved me just a bit. (not enough to win the game, but who knows; I might learn eventually) Laughing
Bkruppa

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milksheikh I know this might be a bit late but I have a few games that I lost months ago where I'm pretty sure I misclicked in the first round and was wondering if you could restart the games (pretty much all the ones I lost). Thanks for your consideration in advance Very Happy
daveszum

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: province auctions on provinces themselves Reply with quote

I like the idea of putting the auction bid on the province itself. I find myself putting bids on the wrong province because the names don't stick with me when I scroll up Embarassed
snoozefest

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: auction bids Reply with quote

I'd like both -- the table is a nice summary, but having the information/buttons mirrored on the board, as they would appear playing face to face, would be nice. Can you have both?
stargate

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

before doing anything for the auction process
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE

add a REDO link for buying farmers and stones

again PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
nunocordeiro

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stargate wrote:
before doing anything for the auction process
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE

add a REDO link for buying farmers and stones

again PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

The most important part in that would be to allow you to play a free farmer after you chose the number of farmers you wish to buy....
In the board game you can play it any time you want, during phase 3, and I got burned with the fact that here you must do it precise before you buy farmers.

Last edited by nunocordeiro on Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Saul Pum

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have made a few mistakes myself and i kick myself for not being more careful. It is indeed amazing an administrator would even consider reversing such mistakes in the past and totally understandable to put a halt to it. It is encouraging just to know that the administrator cares.
hermes88

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that there should be a redo for farmers & blocks (especially the free farmer).

I think the auction SHOULD be in the provinces. Sometimes I bid on the wrong one because it has a similar name, but I'd never do that if I were placing the bid in the actual territory I was bidding on
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Amun-Re All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: