SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Player's Choice Tournament Feedback/Suggestions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wildfire2099

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Player's Choice Tournament Feedback/Suggestions Reply with quote

Now that the tournament is over, what did y'all think? Should we do it again?

Good format, bad? Should there be maps that are excluded? Too Long, Too Short?

Post all your thoughts for discussion here!
rico44

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we're all grateful for having a Hacienda tournament separate to the league, there have been few recent events, so a huge thanks to you for organising it! Smile

It's also nice to have a different format, although you do lose 2/3 of the players in the first round so most people only get to play in 1/3 of the tournament. Don't know if you would consider throwing the 2/3 losers together into a pot for a consolation round while the semi's play out? Or it people would want to anyway, but just a thought. You could also use it to help with any rankings & seeding.

But I think overall it's good, I do like the elimination style. I also enjoyed the old style too of course, I think they both have good merit, the only real problem is letting Kanga, errr.... I mean my oponents the choice of picking their own map! Very Happy

On that subject, how about handicaps for the next tournament? Hehe, lol, j/k. Wink
Wildfire2099

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on the number of participants, I suppose we could do some sort of 2nd chance thing, though the timing might be tricky...

Definately worth considering, though. I could certainly simply arrange some games for people that are eliminated in the 1st round... that'd be easy enough.
Kanga

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it worked fairly well in the games I'm in (not just because I won)
it gets more variety of maps in that when I used to choose them in the tournaments I ran. And it's a whole lot simpler to organise
powermorph

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the knock-out format works better with 3 players as there is less rounds (I really enjoyed the previous deathmatch but mainly because I stayed in so long - I can see it was quite dull for people who went out early).

The issue is for the first round losers who only play a few games.

As you have already noted, options to prolong the agony/enjoyment for more players would be to have a 'plate' for first round losers, so they would go into an alternative semi & final.

Another potential option could be to have 3 tournaments running side-by-side - The no-variant, V1 and V2 tournaments (like Ralf has done for Tikal).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Hacienda All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: