SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moving servers (most likely)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
milksheikh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Moving servers (most likely) Reply with quote

I am potentially moving servers -- the machine the site is currently on has become quite outdated, so I'm experimenting with a different option. Hopefully this will be a near-seamless transition, but please post here if you notice anything odd.

Note that there was a small glitch for about 10 mins earlier, but I have corrected that (I think).

------

Problems corrected:

- an error that occurred when typing messages or notes with an apostrophe (') in them
- email notifications, which weren't reaching all users, should have returned to normal, although some users are still experiencing difficulties

Last edited by milksheikh on Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:57 pm; edited 5 times in total
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
surfitch

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:32 am    Post subject: No email Reply with quote

As of yesterday May 17th, i am no longer getting emails when it is my turn. Could the moving of seervers be to blame? if not, can anyone help? I have not changed anything that i know of.
Vinny

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I finish a turn in Amun-Re, the game still shows it's my go. I have to go in to the game again to turn off the red light Idea
milksheikh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll investigate the email problem (I seem to be getting them, so am curious if others are also having this problem). UPDATE- problem identified, in process of resolving.

I'll also investigate the turn notice problem.

I will post all resolved errors in the first post of this thread.
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
surfitch

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Emails Reply with quote

well i just recieved a load of emails. I think it might be caught up.
Gaditus

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Presumably moving servers has a cost.

I would encourage regular users of this site to make a donation towards the running costs.

For those of you who haven't noticed there is a link Donate at the top of the 'Your Games' and similar pages.
surfitch

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Emails Reply with quote

Not there yet. is was my turn in a game and no notice.
Darquetime

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Moving servers (most likely) Reply with quote

hey there. our game international playboy in wallenstein won't advance to the next season even they ever player set his actions. can you help?

[quote="milksheikh"]I am potentially moving servers -- the machine the site is currently on has become quite outdated, so I'm experimenting with a different option. Hopefully this will be a near-seamless transition, but please post here if you notice anything odd.

Note that there was a small glitch for about 10 mins earlier, but I have corrected that (I think).

------

Problems corrected:

- an error that occurred when typing messages or notes with an apostrophe (') in them[/quote]
surfitch

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Emails Reply with quote

This morning, May 21st, I had 5 email notifications. It wasn't my turn in any of my games.
milksheikh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Emails Reply with quote

surfitch wrote:
This morning, May 21st, I had 5 email notifications. It wasn't my turn in any of my games.

They were probably notifications sent earlier that weren't delivered to you until this morning. There was a configuration error that was causing some mail servers to refuse delivery of notifications -- this was corrected but took some time to take full effect.

All mail should now be successfully delivered -- let me know if there are further issues.
wmshub

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have gotten an email about 3 hours ago (that's when it became my turn in a game). So either the system is trying to catch up, is running slowly, or else there is still a problem.

I checked my spam mailbox, etc., and no mail at all.
WillyC3

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't received any turn notices for my many Amun Re games for several days now. I checked and my profile is correct. Nothing stuck in my spam filters, either.
curahn

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: missing gold in amun-re Reply with quote

In my game no_snails239, I am listed as having no gold. Given the round I am in, thats not possible. I should have at least 7.

When this is checked into, is it possible to put my turn back to the beginning? I didn't notice the problem immediately, and have moved past a point where I should have bought farmers. It could affect the outcome of the game.

Thanks
milksheikh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: Re: missing gold in amun-re Reply with quote

curahn wrote:
In my game no_snails239, I am listed as having no gold. Given the round I am in, thats not possible. I should have at least 7.

I've been through the log and it looks like you started the round with 15 gold, and spent it all in the auction round. Do you calculate differently?
curahn

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No you're right. My mistake. I screwed up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: