SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What do people think about this behavior....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wtf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: What do people think about this behavior.... Reply with quote

Is this behavior accept by all other players? I tried to PM the admins but they never answered yet!!!

Here is the situation I'm in with and other player:

www.spielbyweb.com/game.php?games_id=65024

In this game Beast accuses me of being the same player called curahn, how can I prove that we aren't the same player?

The other thing that bothers me is that it's not the first time Beast accuses other players:

www.spielbyweb.com/game.php?games_id=44058
www.spielbyweb.com/game.php?games_id=38174
www.spielbyweb.com/game.php?games_id=50199

What should be done to resolve this situation.

William

P.s. Sorry for the link, have less then 10 post Rolling Eyes

Last edited by wtf on Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
reo19uk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say I dont play amun re but this guy seems very suspiscious to me using the same excuse everytime to not finish a game!

There must be someway to get admin to look into it! Is there a main admin you can contact to ask about it?
wtf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="reo19uk"]I have to say I dont play amun re but this guy seems very suspiscious to me using the same excuse everytime to not finish a game!

There must be someway to get admin to look into it! Is there a main admin you can contact to ask about it?[/quote]

I've sent milksheikh 3 messages but he never answered.
dcorban

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange. I wouldn't even think to suspect someone of doing this outside of a tournament. These are casual games. Even if someone was doing such a thing, it wouldn't affect the outcome any more than the average newbie mistakes. Unless there is blatant kingmaking, I don't see why this guy is wasting time accusing people of things other than to avoid a loss.

However, he has played quite a few games an only "abandoned" four of them, so it's not like he is repeatedly using this to get out of a loss.
jmucchiello

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's stuff like this that make me wish there were a way to "ignore" other players so that their games don't show up when you get a game list and your games don't show up when they get a game list. Then you could do "something" about it yourself.

Question: How much Amun-Re experience do you two have? I've never played it face-to-face so I'm sure I've made mistakes that an experienced player might see as suspicious.
wtf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a lot of Amun-Re f2f gaming under my belt how much I can't really tell. Whats the worst part is that it was (suppose to be) my first completed game here. After completing a few games this situation seems less fustrating Confused

I couldn't let this situation go on, thats why I wanted your thoughts on this.

Thanks
daveszum

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: behavior Reply with quote

Well, to be honest I have wondered in the past how many people have created multiple log-ons to pad their rankings. After a few months, though, I figured it doesn't really matter. Once you have played a few tournaments, you start figuring out who the really good players are. I encourage most nooBs to get into the tournaments and forget about the rankings (and those who worry about it). In the end, you start ignoring the suspicious comments and the like......
Knave

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had problems with Beast before. When I was first learning how to play, he joined a bunch of newbie games that I tried to create, even though he had already played 100's of games. He is a slow player, but joins "fast" games, and, yes, he abandons games and gives flimsy excuses.

There is not much that can be done. A number of months ago, I had a guy intentionally join a bunch of my games for the express purpose of not moving and abandoning. I expressed my displeasure in the forum, and many of the regulars actually supported this guy's actions.

Beast may be a sore loser, but Steve von Laucida is much worse, I assure you.

That said, my advice is to let it slide. At the end of the day, the admins don't want to get into a game of "he said she said", and I can respect that. This community tolerates abandoned games, which is unfortunate, but it is hard to change a community view overnight. The advice about joining tournaments is solid, when you rise high enough in the rankings, the incidences of jackassery drop off substantially.

Stick it out, most of the people here are not like Beast. There is some coal among the diamond rough, but that is unavoidable. Some people even consider me to be one of those pieces of coal Smile.

PS: Ironically enough, I'm probably going to be stuck playing Beast next season in the 5 player Amun Re Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Knave on Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
yahkeh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't quite understand the fascination with the rankings anyway - they can be rather easily manipulated and blown out of proportion by sticking with a certain bunch of people that are not as savvy as the leader...Saw that when I was playing E&T on BGG.....(and I actually made it to #2, but it meant nothing to me - the fun of playing was the reason I had joined...)

But I can understand the frustration especially as a noob trying to have the first few completed games under your belt and more importantly the first couple of victorious ones - and then to see these games remaining unfinished because somebody's vanity got in the way or whatever else might leave a game not to come to a conclusion - we humans obviously can't live with loose ends that well...

But you'll get over it, and you will always come across the eventual dork that spoils your fun - so try to enjoy the games that work....
daveszum

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: dork Reply with quote

Dork is a word I have not heard in a long while. Certainly fits Laughing
striking_cobra

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knave wrote:

Beast may be a sore loser, but Steve von Laucida is much worse, I assure you.

That said, my advice is to let it slide.

Brilliant - quality stuff sir!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> SpielByWeb Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: