SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Fifth Multi Challenge for 3 Standings
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gaditus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:04 am    Post subject: The Fifth Multi Challenge for 3 Standings Reply with quote

8/48

3 12 IBX
3 12 Dobinator
3 08 Payton3434
1 06 mongo
1 06 rico44
1 06 daveszum
3 04 adamdynris
3 04 NoMoreCheese
1 02 freduk
1 02 TMJJS
1 02 Gaditus
0 00 ahauwi1
0 00 powermorph
0 00 Ezebig
0 00 tphon
0 00 Early_10
0 00 kekeweb
0 00 Pompkin
1 00 Petár
2 00 jglazier

powermorph has now joined his games and I assume ahauwi1 will follow suit shortly.

For the benefit of new players, the first column is games played, the second is points scored. For interim tables the order is points scored, games played (less being better) and then random for ties.
Gaditus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

22/48

7 24 Dobinator
3 18 tphon
3 14 rico44
4 14 Payton3434
2 12 Early_10
3 12 daveszum
6 12 IBX
5 10 jglazier
6 10 NoMoreCheese
2 08 Ezebig
3 08 Gaditus
3 08 Pompkin
5 07 freduk
1 06 mongo
6 05 adamdynris
4 04 Petár
1 02 kekeweb
1 02 TMJJS
0 00 ahauwi1
1 00 powermorph
Early_10

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My hacienda addiction just may save me from my Reef Encounter/Wallenstein ignorance.
Gaditus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

30/48

5 26 rico44
7 24 Dobinator
6 22 Payton3434
6 22 daveszum
6 20 tphon
3 18 Early_10
4 14 Gaditus
7 14 IBX
4 10 Ezebig
5 10 jglazier
6 10 Petár
6 10 NoMoreCheese
3 08 powermorph
3 08 Pompkin
5 07 freduk
1 06 mongo
7 05 adamdynris
2 04 kekeweb
2 02 TMJJS
2 00 ahauwi1
rico44

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Unofficial update - sorry, I couldn't resist! :-D Reply with quote

I couldn’t resist doing a little write up on this - playing the games is slowly losing some interest for me but some good competitive commentary is good entertainment, hopefully for me and you both!! Smile

Also, I have 'unofficially' scored all tie's in these rough workings, e.g. 4 points each or 1 point each, but I'd better let Gaditus update the scores officially, the figures I use can only be a 'rough guide', but I’m sure after the next 4 games finish in a couple of days we will see an official update. Very Happy

- - - - -

40/48

So, with just 8 games remaining, the leaderboard is really taking shape... with so many good players, it's tight at the top, but I think I can safely predict 2 of the top 3 spots; Ezebig & Powermorph! Of course, nothing in life is certain Wink

Ezebig, with a current 4 point lead on 34pts and a chance of 2 more points from a last Santiago game, is looking safely -above- the 30 point ‘drop zone’ (drop-zone = outside the final 3). Ezebig would do well to win the last Santiago game, but could well grab 2 more points and make it to a very safe looking 36pts.

Powermorph, while on a mere 24pts, looks certain to win the bus game still underway, moving to 30pts, although the slight lead in the Tikal game is more tenuous. Still, I can't help but feel this will yield another 2, if not 6 points to get to 36, matching or overtaking Ezebig. Still, the pressure is on!

The last spot in the 2 way final is a more contentious issue... while Mongo has 2 games left to play, it seems one Hoity Toity game only started last week on March 15, even though the tourney got underway way back in early February, I'm not sure what's happened there. Still, the other remaining game for Mongo is a Tikal game just reaching a climax over the next couple of days; while it's very close to call I don't see more than 2 points for 2nd place on the cards. While that would take Mongo to 30, more is needed from the delayed start / Hoity Toity game - a victory and 36 points in total looks to be needed. But...

Tphon & Gaditus are engaged in an almighty Walenstein battle; with both of them on 28 points, the winner will take all and move to 34 alongside the predicted finalists Ezebig & Powermorph, or perhaps just behind if the others can both make 36 as expected. While already on 28, Mongo could challenge this, but we could be waiting for some time to see that Hoity Toity result. With Tphon or Gaditus making 34, Mongo would need victory there to make it to 36 points and the final, unless Mongo can turn around the almost finished Tikal game and score more than expected.

Of the remaining challengers, I myself have 30 points already but am struggling in my last Santiago game. A win looks pretty much unlikely and I don’t expect even 32pts from a 2nd place would be enough. Daveszum's 29 points is also close, but the last Hoity Toity game is not going well, so even 2 points would be a good fightback result at this stage. Dobinator has played all 9 games and has equalled me on 30 points. There is also the 2nd placed finisher of Gaditus & Tphon (assuming Kekeweb doesn't join the party there) who will also make 30 points. Early_10 also has the chance to win the Tikal game against Powermorph to join us on 30 points. No-one else can join the 30 point mark for a large split tie-break, and it looks almost certain we will have 3 finalists above that.

4 games look set to finish in, well, the next 2 days I hope! They are here:

http://www.spielbyweb.com/game.php?games_id=62841 – Daveszum’s struggle to make it 2 more points to 31
http://www.spielbyweb.com/game.php?games_id=62843 – Ezebig’s attempt to take 2 more points and beat Kekeweb to 2nd place, although Freduk’s victory is looking fairly solid
http://www.spielbyweb.com/game.php?games_id=62920 – a very tight finish; although Ahauwi1 would seem to have the lead, with Payton343 scoring first and Mongo then potentially matching whatever Payton3434 can score, it remains to be see whether Ahauwi1 really can surpass Mongo’s score and relegate Mongo to a 2nd or even 3rd place – watch this space!!
http://www.spielbyweb.com/game.php?games_id=62829 – The Gaditus & Tphon megamatch Razz Previous year points are close, buildings & provinces are both close - where will Gaditus have built his last Trading Post... can Kekeweb spoil the party with a final effort... Oh, and don’t forget the 'Cube Tower' may yet have it’s say in the grain revolts with Tphon low on grain!! Smile

For the rest, we are going to have to wait a few more weeks for a.) Powermorph to complete the almost certain looking Bus victory, but also b.) the Tikal game with Early & Kekeweb that is far too early to call.
Mongo will also be sometime with the c.) newly created Hoity Toity game, and for myself it still looks to be another week, at least, before my d.) Santiago game concludes, although I doubt it will make a difference to the finalists. Those will be the final 4 games we wait for...

- - - - -

Finally, I hope you enjoyed reading as much as I enjoyed reviewing & competing in this particular tournament! Smile As always, a huge thanks to Gaditus for organising and managing these things, this is in no way meant to take away from the time and effort I know you spend on this stuff G, thank-you! Very Happy
rico44

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See below now, thanks G Smile

Last edited by rico44 on Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gaditus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

52/60

8 34 Ezebig
8 30 daveszum
8 30 rico44
9 30 Dobinator
7 28 mongo
8 28 Gaditus
8 28 tphon
7 24 powermorph
8 24 Payton3434
8 24 Early_10
9 24 Pompkin
9 24 TMJJS
8 18 Petár
9 16 jglazier
9 14 IBX
7 11 freduk
8 10 NoMoreCheese
6 08 ahauwi1
4 06 kekeweb
8 05 adamdynris

Not sure why I hadn't published an update on this earlier - I try to update my tables as the results come in, so if anyone wants updates at any time please just leave a comment.

The first thing to note is that there are really 60 games, not 48 Embarassed

As rico says there are still a good few in with a shout for the final.
Early_10

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the commentary rico. I've never player tikal, wallenstein, reef encounter before so I was just kind of bluffing my way through them to enjoy the competition on the other games. I made an obvious blunder at the start of the tikal game in setting up a camp in the first land I played. I had no idea the form or function of it and thought I had to play my men from a laid camp. I haven't a clue what I did in Wallenstein as I was just clicking away until it was no longer my turn. I was starting to catch on to Reef but I think it's like Bus in that I'll just have to get it wrong a few times to understand it.

My ever so long winded point is I'm not in contention in the Tikal game.

BUT just wait til the next one. Laughing
rico44

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have to -completely- crush my hopes. Wink But thanks for your words, all the same. Smile

But yeah, I know the feeling of learning these games, I made this my first tourney when I got here! Of course, I still haven't learn the intricacies of games like Bus & Santiago, but just about enough to get by. If only we could have 8 new games a year to really keep things interesting. Very Happy

Do you think you'll play any of those 3 new games more now you've tried them out?
Early_10

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rico44 wrote:
You don't have to -completely- crush my hopes. Wink But thanks for your words, all the same. Smile

But yeah, I know the feeling of learning these games, I made this my first tourney when I got here! Of course, I still haven't learn the intricacies of games like Bus & Santiago, but just about enough to get by. If only we could have 8 new games a year to really keep things interesting. Very Happy

Do you think you'll play any of those 3 new games more now you've tried them out?

I'll definitely play tikal again and may give reef another go when I have more time to read over the game log and see what I was missing. Wallenstein doesn't interest me in the least. Anything I have to read a novel to understand, I just don't understand.

Note to admin - the rules on this site are horribly written. While they give the basics on what each link in play can do, they offer little in the way of motive, direction or general intent of the game.
Gaditus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rico44 wrote:
If only we could have 8 new games a year to really keep things interesting. Very Happy

There are a number of other decent sites out there (not quite as good as sbw of course!)

You could try mabiweb, which also 8 games or yucata.de which is a slightly different way of playing but still has a number of interesting games.

http://www.mabiweb.com/index.php

http://www.yucata.de
Knave

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Early_10 wrote:

Note to admin - the rules on this site are horribly written. While they give the basics on what each link in play can do, they offer little in the way of motive, direction or general intent of the game.

I disagree, I think that the rules are fantastic, I've never had to refer to any outside sources to figure things out. As for motive, direction, or general intent, those are up to you to figure out, not up to the rules. Of course, the part where it says "scoring" is usually indicative of which direction you should be headed.

Not only that, the fact that the rules are hyperlinked makes it easy for me to go back and check on things when I'm a little confused in-game.

Compare this to mabiweb, where all the rules are linked to an outside site... yuck.
rico44

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh-oh, hijack alert Very Happy
Gaditus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

55/60

8 34 Ezebig
9 34 tphon
9 32 daveszum
8 30 mongo
8 30 rico44
9 30 Dobinator
9 30 Gaditus
7 24 powermorph
8 24 Early_10
9 24 TMJJS
9 24 Pompkin
9 24 Payton3434
8 20 ahauwi1
8 18 Petár
9 18 jglazier
9 14 IBX
8 11 freduk
8 10 NoMoreCheese
8 05 adamdynris
5 04 kekeweb

tphon managed to win our Wally game - the peasants were just not revolting enough Crying or Very sad

(note adjusted as eagle eyed rico spotted an error!)
Gaditus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

59/60

9 36 Ezebig
9 36 powermorph
9 34 tphon
9 32 daveszum
8 30 mongo
9 30 Gaditus
9 30 rico44
9 30 Dobinator
9 24 TMJJS
9 24 Early_10
9 24 Petár
9 24 Payton3434
9 24 Pompkin
9 22 ahauwi1
9 18 jglazier
9 17 freduk
9 14 IBX
9 12 NoMoreCheese
8 06 kekeweb
8 05 adamdynris

One game to go and it is either mongo (if he wins the outstanding game) or tphon (if mongo doesn't win) who will join Ezebig and powermorph in the final. I think that the last game was started late and it has a fair way to run.

Being in the top three in a field of 20 needs a consistently good performance - well played Ezebig and powermorph.

If you wish to set up the games ready for your fellow finalist to join they are

Multi Final 35A ... Multi Final 35H password final

Hacienda - map 529 variants 2
Tikal - end to end workers
Reef - basic
Santiago - basic with palm trees
Wally - basic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> SpielByWeb Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: