SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"A Game" request for takeback of auction bid

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kanga

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:24 am    Post subject: "A Game" request for takeback of auction bid Reply with quote

I've also managed to make an obvious misclick in the last round of the game. Would it be possible to reset my auction bid of 21 for Buto so that I can bid on the correct province?

http://www.spielbyweb.com/game.php?games_id=1834

Thanks
DALCOW01

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

that happened to me as well. More than once. I take it as a learning experience Sad

Cheers
Kanga

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I've done it several times before, but never with such catastrophic effect before. Given that other bids have been reset in the past in similar circumstances, I thought it was worth the effort getting this bid reset too.
brahman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I take it as a learning experience

I have made several mistakes as well and I lived with them. I think most of us have. However, in two of the reset requests here on the board, I was the one who suggested the person who made the mistake ask for it to be reset. In both cases they were just awful obvious mistakes that occured late in the game that effectively ruined a game that had run for several weeks.

I'll feel guilty if there starts to be a rash of requests for every little mistake, but I feel there are times, late in a game, when a blatantly obvious mis-click which ruins the game should be reset(assuming everyone else in the game agrees).
milksheikh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done. Indeed, here's hoping we don't get a rush of such requests, as it does take time...
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Amun-Re All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: