SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where do I find info on joining The Tikal league?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
greyshoe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Where do I find info on joining The Tikal league? Reply with quote

I've seen it mentioned a few places but couldnt locate a recent thread or any link to more info.

-thanks
Robert
sedge

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert,

as it stands, there is no Tikal league. There have been a couple of stand-alone tournaments, but no league. I think Lefty intends to run some more tournaments in the future, so jump on in! While you're about it, perhaps you could convince him to get a league up and running Smile

Cheers.
lefty

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to run a league, and I've been thinking about how it would work. Hang in there until after the Christmas break and maybe I'll have had some time to put something together.
greyshoe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm deffinately in next time a tourney is started. But I'm far too inexperienced to be asking anyone to begin a league, only discovered this game a week ago myself. Picked up the mechanics quick enough, just exploring the different strategies now.

-thanks for the warm welcome
Robert
brianlcarr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a league starts, count me in.

Also, greyshoe, you've discovered a great game. Create few open games and you'll find players signing up quickly. It's easy to start getting some game under your belt.
Brian
greyshoe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm actually in 9 games currently. I'm leading with good position in about 1/3. Only really grasping at straws in 1 game. ( I was initially mistaken that other people could not enter your camp. The rules are vague in their description that you could come away with that impression) I'm starting to get a feel for what tiles will be coming up soon and able to plan accordingly.

It's kind of like chess only interesting !! Very Happy

My game order just came in yesterday ( Tikal, Khronos, Tigris & Euphrates, Lost Cities & Hey! That's my Fish) and my kids are dying for me to teach them. You have to love a game called "Hey! That's my Fish". Well, my niece should like it anyway. Wink

-peace
Robert
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Tikal All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: