SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to quit a test game?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Comments and Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inkygirl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: How to quit a test game? Reply with quote

Being unfamiliar with the user interface on SpielByWeb and not wanting to learn it WHILE also playing a real game, I created two users (Inkygirl and Testyface) and started playing a test game of Reef Encounter with myself.

I've played enough now that I think I'm ready to play with Real Players (I've also played one real-life game at BGG.con), but I'm not sure how to quit this test game. I could always hurry the game to its conclusion, but I don't want to add a false statistic (false win/loss).

Any suggestions appreciated!

Debbie
Carmilla

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Unofficial Answer Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure if you leave the game, it will be marked as abandoned. The admin doesn't generally delete games.
freduk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Debbie,
My advice would be to play the game through to conclusion (with Inkygirl winning!). One win/loss won't make that much difference to your stats after a while.
The alternative is just to leave it sitting there. It will become auto-abandoned in 2 (3?) months, but this will show as a game abandoned by you, which is seen round here as akin to mass murder.
The admins won't wipe it for you.

On a separate issue, Reef is not the easiest of games to teach yourself. You might want to think about joining a learning game and getting some tips from there. Most of the old-timers here (me included) are happy to help a new player learn a game. Just ask.
Of course, if you already know the game, and are just learning the interface, then come right in! Twisted Evil

fred
Knave

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freduk wrote:
The alternative is just to leave it sitting there. It will become auto-abandoned in 2 (3?) months, but this will show as a game abandoned by you, which is seen round here as akin to mass murder.
The admins won't wipe it for you.

I disagree, most of the regulars here do not mind if you have abandoned a game. More importantly, there is no possible consequence for abandoning a game. Admins will not ban you for it, and game makers can't block you from joining because of it.

Some people consider stats to be important, and for those people, I would recommend simply abandoning the game. Telling them that abandoning actually has a consequence is a blatant lie.

Actually, I take that back, there is a consequence, you have to sit with that annoying red-lined game for 2 months before it disappears. But, after two months, guilt free, problem free.
smlait

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The simple solution to the abandonment question is to have Inkygirl make a move then leave it as TestyFace's turn. That way TestyFace gets "blamed" for the abandon and since that's not a real account, no harm no foul.

Welcome to SBM, Inkygirl! If you want me to play a teaching game of Reef Encounter with you, I'd be happy to. Just reply to this post or send me a PM.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Comments and Feature Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: