SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Frequent turn takers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fr33py

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Frequent turn takers Reply with quote

I always try and start non-passworded games... but there are those times when you still get stuck with players who take awhile to take moves. It's not a horrible problem but people do have outside lives that can hold back their ability to take many moves.

I however try and take multiple moves per day. I check this site and others that I play on frequently through-out the day, before work, while at work, and when I get off in the evening. My main point for posting this is I notice there are alot of other people that are able to check for their turns multiple times per day as well.

If any of you that check your games multiple times per day are starting passworded games and would like another player who can frequently make moves... add me to your list and hit me up with a PM and I'd love to join your games.

As a note - I don't really know how to play Bus but I do play the rest of the games.

fr33py
Shannon
Golux13

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same play habits -- I stop short of calling them "obsessive," but I check in frequently just about every day. (In fact, the email notifications are usually out of date by the time I get them.)

If my games have slowed down, I will almost always start a non-passworded game, so keep an eye open for one of mine. (I'm way too lazy to PM anybody about a new game.) These days, it's almost all Amun-Re, because I have yet to figure out a consistent strategy.
dreadpirate

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto on the frequency...I'll say it: Obsessive. Very Happy

Although these days it's alot more of Reef and Hoity.

It seems that I totally blow at Amun-Re 5 player, but am pretty good at 3 player... Question Exclamation Question

Perhaps us frequent players should form a sub-culture? I'm thinking a standing super-frequent-players-only password?
yendi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi my name is Colin and I have a gaming problem.........oh, its not that kind of thread. Embarassed

Yeah, i've been here less than a month and i've already finished 9 or 10 games and taken over 700 turns. I check in a couple of dozen times a day. At least unemployement has some benefits. Very Happy

It's Amun Re and Hoity for me, still figureing out Wallenstein, Reef has me mystified.
Jimzik

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: reef encounter Reply with quote

Hey Yendi, we should get a 3-player of REEF going with 1 qualification - you've never won! If we have 3 losers in the game then ONE of us HAS to score and get on the win chart. I'm tired of being abused by people that actually READ the rules, people that UNDERSTOOD what they read, people that APPLIED that knowledge to unmercifully kicking my butt. Life is tough on the Reef but it's tougher here.
Oh yeah, you'd have no trouble getting multiple moves a day out of me as I'm constantly waiting for slow-pokes (even with a dozen games going!).
philfry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dreadpirate wrote:
Perhaps us frequent players should form a sub-culture? I'm thinking a standing super-frequent-players-only password?

It would be nice if there was a system that only allowed players of a certain "frequency" join a game.

I have a job that allows me to check the site frequently each day. I'm hooked on Amun-Re right now.

Yes, it is an addiction. Shocked
Golux13

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for a special Sooper Sekrit Frequent Player Password... I'll propose "speedy" -- which isn't so secret to anybody who reads these boards, but I'm guessing anybody who isn't interested in obsessive -- er, frequent -- play doesn't read these boards or (hopefully) won't bother to use the password if they do read them. Anyway, I am going to start my new games with that password from now on.

As for Reef Encounter -- I was unable to make heads or tails of the game from reading the rules here, but once I played a live game I had a complete understanding of how to play. How to win? Not so much, my stellar 1-1 record notwithstanding. (I won my second game by a tie break.) Anyway, if you are having trouble figuring out how to play Reef here, I highly recommend playing it once face-to-face to learn the game mechanics. After that, it's easy to play here.
striking_cobra

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Golux13 wrote:

As for Reef Encounter -- I was unable to make heads or tails of the game from reading the rules here, but once I played a live game I had a complete understanding of how to play.

I was the same with AmunRe, it made very little sense to me here and I was rubbish, one I had played a real game though it was soooo different. I understood it completely, but was still rubbish!

cobra
Kanga

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"speedy" games sounds like a great idea to me..

Signed

Another obsessive Game checker
Kanga

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've created a "speedy" game in Amun Re

You'll be able to work out which one it is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> SpielByWeb Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: