SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

reef encounter ideas

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Payton3434

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:34 am    Post subject: reef encounter ideas Reply with quote

As the combined Reef encounter combined tournament is ending, I am looking for anyones ideas for the next tournament/league

Do you just want a regular 2,3 or 4player tournament?

Do you want me to set up a league?

if so, 2player league? or 3player?

or do you want another combined tournament I thought that tournament worked pretty good.
I am open for any ideas.
Please put your feedback here, after a week or so I'll start something that everyone seems to want

thank you

Jeff
Gaditus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of Reef, so don't expect me to play, but something I was contemplating for the next Amun Re combined tournament was start off with 5 player, then top 16 go to a 4 player round with top 9 going to a 3 player round and then a 5 player final. It may go on too long, but with 4, 3 & 2 for Reef it might work better here.
Payton3434

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for your feedback Gaditus Very Happy

I am looking for feedback from the regular reef encounter players

If you don't want any future tournaments/leagues, I will just drop it

thank you
hagin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Payton,

I've quite enjoyed the combined tournament. It is in fact the first time I've ever played 2 player Reef. So thanks for taking the time to organise it.

I can see what you're trying to do with the game/point distribution and I think overall it works pretty well but the 3 and particularly 4 player games seem to be all deciding. 2 4 player games with 10 points for 1st place vs 6 3 player games worth 3 points each I don't think is necessarily an equitable comparison. Winning 3/6 2 player games I think is easier than winning 1/2 4 player games.

So maybe if you do another combined, you might want to play with the points and game distributions a little.

Not sure how the leagues work. I know theres a Hacienda one (and possibly for other games). Is it just 2 player games?
freduk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm enjoying all the various tourneys.
One suggestion I would make is that if you start a tourney as a 4-player, then keep it that way, although others will feel differently!
However, if you're the one putting in the time and effort to run them, then run whatever format takes your fancy. There will always be players happy to join, even if they're a different set of players each time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Reef Encounter All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: