SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Potential Variants

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rico44

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Potential Variants Reply with quote

I was just thinking about what other variants you could play. Obviously, it has to be something that everyone who participates in agrees to abide by, but the 'small map' tourney I played in worked well... and the scoreboard winner is still the winner.

What about, when you buy -or- place both land -and- animals, you can (and must) do that, and only that. So you either buy 3 animals, place 3 land etc. and unless you don't have the money, then you must do that 3 times on a given turn. (if you have no money left, you would just end your turn early, but at least not had to buy all 3 animals or land, for example).

If you want to do something else, like water, hacienda or harvest, you must do those on a separate turn of their own, so you could for example harvest enough money to then buy a peice of water and a hacienda all in 1 turn, but always in a separate turn from buying/placing land/animals.

The only drawback is checking the gamelog. Also, if you play in quite a few games, you must remember the special rules... the penalty would be missing a turn (end turn without completing any actions) once for each illegal turn you make. That might even be a possible strategy near the end of the game, when you want to mix a turn and you don't think there will be another anyway.... like I say, gamelog checking could seem tedious to some, but I find I use it to see what's going on anyway.

Does anyone have other ideas, or would anyone be willing to give this idea a go? I haven't even thought about what map it could work on...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Hacienda All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: