SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

small map tournament rules,draw
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GamesOnTheBrain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A player (not myself) in one of my games did too.
Early_10

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GamesOnTheBrain wrote:
A player (not myself) in one of my games did too.

Same game, Payton is a game with us both.
wildscrpio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3p small1 1A Finished

Kanga 174

GamesOnTheBrain 175

Wildscrpio 191 (winner)

** On a side note I don't think I have ever played a game and actually beat Kanga! Smile
Kanga

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats wild, you played it better than either of us.

I;m not sure that it would have changed the result, but Games' block on me cost both him and I a substantial amount. I'm a bit frustrated at the moment because in 4 separate games lately I've had players block me early in the game, at no benefit and usually harm to their own chances.
GamesOnTheBrain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kanga wrote:
congrats wild, you played it better than either of us.

I;m not sure that it would have changed the result, but Games' block on me cost both him and I a substantial amount. I'm a bit frustrated at the moment because in 4 separate games lately I've had players block me early in the game, at no benefit and usually harm to their own chances.

At the time, I didn't realize it would cost me missing another market before A was over. I was thinking long term.

Besides... you've won enough games... Twisted Evil

Rolling Eyes
Kanga

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

small T1 has 7/12 done. Small T2 is very slow, only 2/12 done.

Code:
Players                Played                 Wins                   Total               
Kanga                  3                      2                      17                 
wildscrpio             2                      1                      40                 
GamesOnTheBrain        3                      2                      16                 
Early_10               3                      1                      22                 
IBX                    3                      1                      12                 
Zaui                   2                      0                      78                 
kekeweb                2                      0                      56                 
Payton3434             3                      0                      117                 
Alashar                0                      0                      0                   
Kanga

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

standings, T1 is finished, T2 getting there:

Code:
GamesOnTheBrain        4                      3                      16                 
Kanga                  4                      3                      17                 
Early_10               4                      1                      24

IBX                    4                      1                      28                 
Alashar                4                      1                      68                 
kekeweb                4                      1                      72                 
wildscrpio             4                      1                      73                 
Payton3434             4                      1                      117                 
Zaui                   4                      0                      93                 

Rebelslayer            3                      2                      1                   
t_o_m9                 3                      2                      4                   
rico44                 3                      2                      15 

Djura                  2                      1                      14                 
Mercutio               0                      0                      0                   
tphon                  2                      0                      45                 
Dobinator              3                      0                      76                 
praisechick            2                      0                      78                 
marcx                  3                      0                      83                 
Rebelslayer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you only just started getting games where someone blocks you early Kanga? Its been happening to me for ages (for the most recent example look at rico's blocks in tom and my game this tournament)!

I guess if you win enough games you get to be a target! Crying or Very sad
GamesOnTheBrain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebelslayer wrote:
I guess if you win enough games you get to be a target! Crying or Very sad

Yep! Twisted Evil
Zaui

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kanga, take a look at 3p small1 2C - http://www.spielbyweb.com/messages.php?games_id=49659. Due to land tile penalties, Games and Alashar tied, with Games winning the tie break $3 to $2. I only lost by 3 points, not 13.
Kanga

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, I've updated the table but it didn't affect the final standings at all.
rico44

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I stand by that water block, levelling the leaders and minimising my losses. I didn't know I was gonna win my next 2 games and join you at the top of the table... for now. Smile

Although my last game is going along nicely, not many turns now, fingers crossed. Very Happy
rico44

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear, I've just checked the progress of the remaining important games in our group, and it appears I am facing a final with Tom and RebelSlayer. Kanga, does this mean I have to play them both again, in 3 separate games?!?

Lol, I bet Rebel is looking forward to that already, hehehehe. Wink Glass of water, anyone?
Kanga

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the current standings in the small 2 tourney. Just waiting on Mercutio's 3 games. For the record I've asked Mercutio not to sign up for more tournaments unless he is able to play faster.

Code:
Rebelslayer            4                      3                      1                   
rico44                 4                      3                      15                 
t_o_m9                 3                      2                      4                   
Djura                  3                      2                      14                 
Mercutio               1                      0                      2                   
tphon                  4                      0                      75                 
Dobinator              3                      0                      76                 
marcx                  3                      0                      83                 
praisechick            3                      0                      113                 
Rebelslayer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no! Rico... as long as you are going for the win yourself thats ok... but if you block for other reasons not many are very inspired. Or at least wait until its clear who will win... you started to cut the legs out from under me before you were without a hope of winning in our round match, and while looking at the map it seemed that Tom was in a better position! The issue of meta-gaming seems to come up with each of the set of 3 finals. As soon as a player wins one of them, the other players start to try ans stop them winning a second.

I propose that the finals are now played over 4 games to stop this from happening! Add a V1v2 game to the mix! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Hacienda All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: