SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hacienda League feedback
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wildfire2099

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just did a quick check.. so far, there are already 25 people back for season 2:

From league A: 8
From League B: 4
From League C: 6
From League D: 6

By the original plan, with the top 2 moving up and the bottom two moving down it would become:

A: 8 (1 down to B)
B: 7 (2 up from C)
C: 5 (2 up from D to replace the ones who advanced, 1 down to D)
D: 6 (1 down from C 2 up to C)

I'd bet a few more people will be back as well, signup just got posted, after all.

I think we could go with that, then either A) Add the new players (9 in all) where Kanga thinks they should go, of B) make them a 'E' League.

Last edited by Wildfire2099 on Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
t_o_m9

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think that keeping the groups as similar as possible adds to the strength of the league, rather than just a tournie. And if you leave the league you come back in a lower state somehow. Maybe grant a sebatical for one season if needed.
Kanga

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wont be possible to keep the leagues the same anyway due to people coming and going. Also, I want to reduce it to 8 players per league to shorten the season slightly.

My first glance at the system I've proposed to use (which still may require mild tweaking) will see a few people moving up and down one league, and one or two moving up or down two leagues.

If the same 40 players were back again, using the ranking system I've detailed in the new thread, then:

League A would see 3 players drop out, and the top 2 from League B and also rorshaq from League C (undefeated) move in. However the three who drop out are dropping too far (to League C and D), so I might need to adjust the system slightly.

I'll have a play with it.

Also i dont like automatically starting new players in the bottom league. I prefer to keep the leagues roughly based on player ability. Some of the new players will probably need to go into a higher league.

In other words, the leagues will change quite a lot no matter what method I use!
Wildfire2099

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking that dropping down to 8 per league would make it easier to keep things consistent, as that would allow for some people not coming back.... but then you have the problem of having all the new people at the bottom, which I kinda agree might not be best.

I do think they'll have to be 5 leagues this time, though, if you want to keep them at 8 per league.. the sign ups are going pretty well.

I'm sure whatever you come up with will be good, I've no complaints so far Smile
rorshaq

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do have a slight concern that if it transpires i am not A league material (which im not sure i am!) then i will end up back in C league next time and oscillate thus ad infinitum without ever playing in the league where i actually belong!

just a thought
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Hacienda All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: