SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What other SBW game should I try?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
magnusgb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:25 am    Post subject: What other SBW game should I try? Reply with quote

Hi folks

I like Hacienda, but want to try another SBW game. Which do you think is worth trying? I've played tikal once, but I didn't like it. It was too much like an algebra exercise. Smile

So, any suggestions?
daffe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite is Amun-Re. Try it! It's not very difficult, but very entertaining. (Hvis vi skaffer 1-3 spillere til, kan vi starte en norsk nybegynner Amun-re... Smile )
rico44

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say, Amun-Re is perhaps my 2nd favourite game, although Hacienda is kinda unique on SBW for the type of game it is. It's also the only one with all the different maps to keep it fresh.

Hacienda is also quite mathy in one way, although it is a bit vague sometimes as to 'what's my best choice to build next...'. Amun-Re is even more vague in some ways, although you are master of your own fate more... no blocking with water tiles etc. Smile Definitely worth checking out anyway.

Wallenstein is also complex in that way of not knowing what your opponents will do, and what to do yourself. Perhaps the hardest on SBW in terms of strategy. Going the other way, Santiago is a nice game but like Hacienda is simple enough in some ways, and is again an exercise in working out what's best value. Except without the different maps and options in Hacienda.

As for the others... they're all quite good, depending on what you like best in a game. I'm debating whether to try out any other sites like SBW now or not, but I have trouble enough not getting into too many games here, lol. Smile

- Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Hacienda All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: