SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scoring multiple markets at once - Bug or expected behavior?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drplote

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Scoring multiple markets at once - Bug or expected behavior? Reply with quote

We're playing a game of Hacienda on map 283 (http://www.spielbyweb.com/game.php?games_id=48324) using Variant 2, and when I connected an animal to 3 new markets in a single move, I only got points/money for connecting to the last market, whereas I would have expected to get points/money for all three.

To clarify, I had connected to 5 markets and had a land + animal chain of 11.. With a single tile placement, I connected to three more markets, but I was only awarded 8 points and $12. I would have expected to have been awarded 21 points ( 6 + 7 + 8 ) and $36 ($12 x 3). Perhaps the money behavior is correct and you should only be awarded money for one market connection per tile placed even if more markets are connected to, but it seems like the scoring is a definite problem, as I expect (but can not verify) that this would have scored correctly if we'd been playing without the variant.

Can I get clarification on whether or not this is a bug or the expected behavior of the game. The rules aren't very clear about a situation like this since a this possibility doesn't exist in the normal board game.

Last edited by drplote on Fri May 30, 2008 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kanga

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is definitely a bug from the points aspect. Not so sure about the money point of view, probably not a bug.
cpsof95

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rules of the original game don't mention the money aspect when connecting multiple markets with a single tile, because this cannot be done in the original boards. (And I guess this should be avoided in custom maps as well.)
t_o_m9

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is standard for SBW. Markets only score once per turn, which is why all the markets need to be atleast 2 apart
drplote

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So any map with markets that close should probably be played without Variant 2, then? Anyone know if scoring works as I would have expected for the normal game?
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
stargate

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can play any scoring variant you want
just be aware that some custom maps are looking for different styles of play

the map (283) you are playing on seems to be designed for
market connections and water points
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Hacienda All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: