SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mapping Award

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hermes88

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Mapping Award Reply with quote

I really appreciate all the great maps people make. I think we should have some kind of reward for them. At a minimum, I think it would be nice to add to the "Rankings" a categories for the number of times a map has been played since a certain date (so new maps can compete with older maps).

It would also be nice to have an award for the best map (or best maps with different categories up for consideration). We could have a players award and also a creators reward (where you have to have made at least 5 maps or so to vote).

All this would (a) show our appreciation to the mapmakers and (b) give more incentive for people to come up with better and better maps.

Also nice would be a space where players can comment on a map (and maybe enter a 1-5 star rating, like Amazon has for books).

Hermes
t_o_m9

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea. New maps keep the games new. I nominate Kangas maps
Kanga

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

One day I'll have a play with the map creator, no promises of when..

I like the idea of a map rating system as part of this site, not sure if it will happen.
cpsof95

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good, but since it would probably take some effort from the developers, we will probably not get anything like this in the near future.

Meanwhile, do you think it would make any sense, if you would open a new thread when you've created a new map? Then you could tell the story behind the map, and other people may comment and suggest improvements.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Hacienda All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: