SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Amun Re 3/4/5 player tournament - sign up
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gaditus

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: 3,4, 5 player tournament Reply with quote

daveszum wrote:
I would like to make a suggestion for consideration. Considering that you are the order behind chaos, this is purely up to you. One idea could be to set up simultaneous 3,4,5 player tournaments with victory points identical to number of players. This should be a relatively simple way to manage this rather complex (but rather cool) idea. I would randomize the matches in each set (3,4,5 player) but conglomerate the total points for each victory. Obviously, points for places (first, second, third, fourth) would be scalable to the GM preference, but it should be quite manageable. Just a thought (without micromanaging - just trying to help Smile )

Thanks for your thoughts daveszum - I am very happy to receive suggestions (especially those designed to make my life easier Laughing ).

The problem with seperate tournaments is the number of games. If there is not a multiple of 5 entrants there has to be 5 games each in a 5 player tourney. Similarly 3 for 3 player and 4 for 4 player (you could get away with 2 for an even numbered 4 player tourney). This means everyone having to play at least 10 games - which seems to be too many at once (at least it is for me - and I said it would be 4-6 games earlier in the thread).

I will go ahead with the 28 signed up so far and produce a draw shortly. As you will probably guess it won't be perfect, but I think I have managed to make it 'fair', and keep the games down to a sensible number.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Amun-Re All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: