SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hacienda League Draw, details
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kanga

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kxw is the winner of League D

If Wildfire wins against Adriaan, he gets second.

Commiserations to wildscrpio who looks like finishing third on games won.

Code:
League D          Played       Wins         Losses       Games won    Games lost   % won       
kxw               8            6            2            17           7            0.75       
wildscrpio        8            6            2            14           10           0.75       
Wildfire2099      7            5            2            13           8            0.71       
Zaui              8            5            3            15           9            0.63       
Wolfpack          7            3            4            11           10           0.43       
NoMoreCheese      7            3            4            10           11           0.43       
praisechick       7            2            5            8            13           0.29       
Payton3434        8            2            6            10           14           0.25       
Adriaan Pieters   6            0            6            1            17           0           
t_o_m9

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
At the end of the season, the top 2 players play off for the right to be called "League Champion". They also earn the right to move up a division for the next season.

From the first post it looks like this was the method to pick the league champion
Kanga

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure that a grand final is actually necessary after we've played 9 matches already.

What do others think? I'd be happy to scrap the idea and just declare the player who finished on top the League champion for that season. The top two would still move up (assuming I dont revamp the format completely).
worcesterarlo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kanga wrote:
I'm not sure that a grand final is actually necessary after we've played 9 matches already.

What do others think? I'd be happy to scrap the idea and just declare the player who finished on top the League champion for that season. The top two would still move up (assuming I dont revamp the format completely).

I think the play-off is unnecessary and this new plan is ideal.
Zaui

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

worcesterarlo wrote:
Kanga wrote:

I agree.
GamesOnTheBrain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fine either way.
Wildfire2099

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fine either way too... playoffs are always exciting, but just having a winner is good too.

On another note, how long are you planning to wait after the finish to start the next 'season'? Soon, or will it wait until the Fall?
NoMoreCheese

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

worcesterarlo wrote:

indeed
Kanga

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wildfire2099 wrote:
I'm fine either way too... playoffs are always exciting, but just having a winner is good too.

On another note, how long are you planning to wait after the finish to start the next 'season'? Soon, or will it wait until the Fall?

As soon as the current season finishes.

Which wont be very soon, League D aside, the other leagues are some way from finishing. Hard to guess, but I'd be surprised if the season finishes before mid July.

I guess if there are a significant number of players who are away in late July I might delay it a bit longer, but in general I want to keep them running one after the other.
Rebelslayer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a playoff adds to the tension ... 1 vote for playoff!

Want to set up a vote for each league or overall to decide?
t_o_m9

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the final battle is necessary, because the first time you play someone they might get all the pampas Rolling Eyes ... ahem... Plus, that way it ain't over till it's over.

On another note, anyone know where Almondralf has gone?
SiddGames

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no preference either way RE playoffs.
koinski

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd say no play-offs cause we already have a winner after 9! games
Try again next season ->
Kanga

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Current ladders
Code:

League A          Played       Wins         Losses       Games won    Games lost   % won       
Kanga             8            7            1            18           6            0.88       
koinski           9            7            2            20           7            0.78       
Rebelslayer       6            4            2            9            6            0.67       
gische            6            3            3            7            8            0.5         
t_o_m9            7            4            3            13           8            0.57       
ahauwi1           7            3            4            8            13           0.43       
cpsof95           7            3            4            9            12           0.43       
almondralf        6            2            4            7            11           0.33       
Early_10          8            2            6            7            17           0.25       
TMJJS             6            0            6            4            14           0           

League B          Played       Wins         Losses       games won    Games lost   % won       
Djura             5            5            0            13           2            1           
goforit           5            3            2            8            4            0.6         
smlait            6            4            2            11           7            0.67       
GamesOnTheBrain   7            4            3            13           8            0.57       
lindalait         6            3            3            10           8            0.5         
thiery            6            3            3            8            10           0.5         
still             5            3            2            7            5            0.6         
IBX               7            3            4            8            13           0.43       
marcx             6            1            5            4            14           0.17       
spearjr           7            1            6            5            16           0.14       

League C          Played       Wins         Losses       games won    games lost   % won       
rorshaq           6            6            0            16           2            1           
worcesterarlo     7            6            1            14           7            0.86       
stargate          9            5            4            14           13           0.56       
tlc               8            4            4            11           13           0.5         
SunLion           7            3            4            11           10           0.43       
nmichalek         5            2            3            6            9            0.4         
tphon             8            3            5            11           13           0.38       
Dobinator         8            3            5            11           13           0.38       
SiddGames         8            2            6            8            16           0.25       
LuvHightide       4            1            3            3            9            0.25       

League D          Played       Wins         Losses       Games won    Games lost   % won       
kxw               8            6            2            17           7            0.75       
Wildfire2099      8            6            2            16           8            0.75       
wildscrpio        8            6            2            14           10           0.75       
Zaui              8            5            3            15           9            0.63       
NoMoreCheese      8            5            3            13           11           0.63       
Wolfpack          7            3            4            11           10           0.43       
praisechick       7            2            5            8            13           0.29       
Payton3434        8            2            6            10           14           0.25       
Adriaan Pieters   8            0            8            1            23           0           

Kanga

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kxw finishes on top of League D, by games won over both Wildfire and wildscrpio

League C sees worcesterarlo hoping rorshaq trips up.

League B is being dominated by Djura, who is currently 5-0 but will definitely be 7-0 shortly.

League A - as said above, if I beat Rebel I win outright. If Rebel wins his remaining games and beats me 2-1, we all end up tied on the same win / loss margin!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Hacienda All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: