SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Kingmaking" question
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
magnusgb

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my experience, and this goes for all kinds of games, there are two kinds of people. There are those that play because they get a boost out of winning over their friends. Its the competition that is the point. And there are those that play to master the game. To figure out how to play 'the ideal game'.

For the competitors how they win isn't that important. But the 'master the game' people can be satisfied with having taken full advantage of their opportunities even though they don't win.

I think Kingmaking or not shows what kind of player people are. Personally I join tournaments for the variation in games and the challenge. I wouldn't 'feel' I was a better player if the only reason I won the tournament was because of Kingmaking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Hacienda All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: