SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Confusing interface during "Phase 3: Buy Resources"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bultgren

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Confusing interface during "Phase 3: Buy Resources" Reply with quote

First of all, I would to say that I truly enjoy playing on SpielByWeb and Amun Re is a new and positive experience.

However, I think the user interface during "Phase 3: Buy Resources" is slightly confusing and have bought farmers when I thought I was buying building blocks, and I have also missed playing power cards such as "free farmers". I am aware that everything is adequately described (and usually highlighted) and these problems should not happen if one read carefully before pressing any buttons, but I think it should be feasible to make the user interface more "user friendly".

Anyone else who share my opinion? Anyone who has an idea how to improve the user interface?
ekted

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pictures instead of numbers would help during "Buy Resources".

As far as missing optional actions like playing cards, perhaps putting those options right next to the Submit button, OR forcing the user to click an "A or B" radio button before submitting when they do have options.
Bultgren

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good suggestions (it would definately help me at least)! Very Happy
HappyProle
SBW Developer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes to pictures!

You could use the same iconic pictures for farmers, stones etc. that are used on the provinces. In the spot for 1, show one icon, two, show two icons etc.
Golux13

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I add my voice with a suggestion for the Buy Resources Phase? It would be very helpful if there were some indication on the main game page of what each player has bought during the phase. I have to go to the Gamelog to figure it out, which is not difficult, but is also not very convenient. (The same would apply to the Taking Rewards subphase of the Sacrifice Phase. I'd like to not have to check the Gamelog to see what people took.)

You do a great job with Wallenstein in providing a running record of what people have done. I know the game structure is different for Amun-Re, but something on the main game page so I can quickly check what's happened in between my turns would be a very cool addition to what is already an excellent game implementation.
aih

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can there be at least undo button for purchase. After clicking 3 farmers I realised what I've bought. 0 was my intention and 3 stones. After that click all hope was gone.

I know the order well but for some reason my mouse didn't (this time). So undo or confirm (extra click - maybe not) would be nice.
gische

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Phase 4 bonus items Reply with quote

While we're on the subject, if there is one thing that I could request to make the Amun Re implementation a little better, it would be something to better distinguish the Phase 4 "Take your bonus items due to your sacrifice" from the Phase 3 "Buy resources." I think the most common mistake I've made on this site has been thinking I was in phase 3 when I was actually in phase 4.

I know you can look to the upper right to see the phase, but it's just too easy to see the "how many power cards do you want?" in the center of your field of vision and assume you're in phase 3. Any chance to have the phase 4 option clearly marked "Bonus items" right there in your face or something like that?

Thanks! Love the site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Amun-Re All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: