SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

End to end worker movement

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dwfiv

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:07 am    Post subject: End to end worker movement Reply with quote

Most (all?) of the Tikal games say "end to end worker movement". What does this mean and how is it different than a game without "end to end worker movement"?
gische

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It means that the game is set up such that it auto-calculates how much it costs you to move a worker/leader from it's current position to any other position on the board. You can select the destination in one move, and the total action points are deducted.

When you play Tikal without this setting, you are required to move the piece one hex at a time.

Some players don't like playing with this setting since they feel it removes the skill of finding the best routes to travel. Personally, I find that particular skill to be a very small differentiator in the game, so I appreciate the speed increase you get from having the setting. To each his own.
stargate

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest you play a 2-player game of Tikal without end-to-end movement

I predict you will NEVER do it again
gische

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already avoid playing Tikal without e2e. I hate waiting for the pages to refresh 5 times for what should be a one-click move.

I also really dislike playing the auction variant on SbW. In person I like it, but the added length of games online bugs me. Actually, even more than that is the fact that I can't really follow the game closely. Each micro-movement keeps me from seeing the big picture for some reason. I'm glad they added the option, though, because some people won't play Tikal without it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Tikal All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: