SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Initial Tower Seeding

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rshipp

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Initial Tower Seeding Reply with quote

Shouldn't players be able to see how many of their original 7 armies stayed in the tower when it was seeded? Also, shouldn't there be some indication of what's in the "cup"? Both of these are pretty important considerations in the FTF game...

Randy...
milksheikh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't explicitly state the results of the original seeding, but since you know how many armies each player has in their supply, you know their relative presence in the tower. But there isn't a good reason (other than laziness) why I don't show that information. Will add it to my to-do list...

The number of each player's armies "in the cup" is in the player summary table, in the rightmost column marked, um, "Armies In the Cup."

One thing I don't show at all is the number of farmers initially in the tower.
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Joseph Acker

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject: Number of farmers in tower at start Reply with quote

Amusing (for some of us) outcome in a game I'm currently playing. The first player to go up against farmers had 6(!) of them come out of the tower. It's his first game ever, and he was a bit shocked when his entire army was annihilated by an empty province. He (and the rest of us) would probably have been a lot more cautious about attacking if we had known how many farmers were in there!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Wallenstein All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: