SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bug when connecting to two markets at once

View previous topic :: View next topic  
glasse

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:17 am    Post subject: Bug when connecting to two markets at once Reply with quote

In some maps there are markets close together so that you can reach more than one at once. When you reach two at once you only get points for the last connected market.

For example see game 39526 on map 013 in the southeastern corner. The black player had 7 markets before and then connects to two more with a single herd tile. This should result in 8+9=17 points, but only gave 9 points. This is wrong, isn't it?

I am more uncertain about how you should get money in situations like these, i.e. if the money you get should be doubled since reach two markets. I suppose that the rules are not precise about this since it isn't possible in the original maps.
stargate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is the latest thread on this subject

http://www.spielbyweb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1960
glasse

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mentioned thread does explain the money issue, which I think is just fine. After all, the rules don't say anything about how to get money in situations like these.

However, what is worse is the issue with victory points (which is not mentioned in the thread). Obviously you should get points for every market you have reached, but at the moment you only get points for the last market.

At http://www.spielbyweb.com/game.php?games_id=39526 you can find an example. The pig at X:10, Y:11 only rendered 9 points, while it should have been 8+9 points, since the black player reached his eighth and ninth market at once.

The rules for how much money you should get are ambiguous, while the rules about victory points are very clear for situations like these. Therefore I think that this should corrected so that you don't miss points that you never can get back.
stargate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is the first time anyone has noted only getting credit for ONE
market connection

in all past reports on this problem the player has received points for
both market connections
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Hacienda All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: