SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Event Cards

View previous topic :: View next topic  
arkibet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Event Cards Reply with quote

There were four event cards, one of which was:

Harvest two less grain in area X.

I asked if that applied, but no one answered. So I tried harvesting grain in that area. I thought that I would get 7 if the event card chosen wasn't that one. I was gambling on a 25% change.

It looks like a different event card was applied: Get less troops in area Y. It was noted in the turn events.

But I still got 5 grain, instead of 7. Which means both cards were in effect, right? So all 4 events apply, then 3, then 2, then the loss of gain?

Is that true?
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
arkibet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, it may be me not knowing the rules. I've never played Wallenstein before, and this is my first game. I read the rules last night, and I may be misreading them.
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lotsa blots

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each event card applies to one and only one season. The first 3 events applying to seasons Spring, Summer and Fall, invoke the event outcome on the card for that season. The remaining event is applied to Winter and subtracts the number on the card from the total grain harvest of all players prior to Winter Grain revolts.

Hope that helps, don't know if it answers your concern on your specificly encountered event card.

Lotsa Blots
bloodylarry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 4 events cards and 4 seasons. At the beginning of each season (after you have planned your actions), an event card is applied randomely to the ongoing season, and its effect is applied to the season. During winter, the remaing event card will be used to counter the grain loss (its garin loss value will be substracted to your grain stock).
Big Bad Lex

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps I have missed something but I didn't think there was a territory that gave you 7 grain?
bloodylarry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No there is no territory that gives 7 grain, except when you have the event card "Good Harvest in Region X" : then all territories in this region will produce 2 extra grain during the season. So a territory with a grain value of 5 would become a 7.
Big Bad Lex

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought so. So the answer to Arkibets dilemma is that he only got 5 grain because that was the maximum that territory offered. Misread grain for gold perhaps?
bloodylarry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely. I would think that he misread the grain value on the territory.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Wallenstein All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: