SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game #31244 - Scoring Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spud

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Game #31244 - Scoring Question Reply with quote

I'm a relative Wallenstein novice, so it could be that I'm missing something, but I was wondering if an expert on the game could look and see if there is a scoring problem with this game. Specifically, should I (black) have scored bonus points in Brandenburg in year 2? (I didn't and think I should have gotten at least 2)

Thanks,
Spud
phil

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #31244 - Scoring Question Reply with quote

Spud wrote:
I'm a relative Wallenstein novice, so it could be that I'm missing something, but I was wondering if an expert on the game could look and see if there is a scoring problem with this game. Specifically, should I (black) have scored bonus points in Brandenburg in year 2? (I didn't and think I should have gotten at least 2)

Thanks,
Spud

http://www.spielbyweb.com/game.php?games_id=31244

The scoring is correct.

The red player has 2 palaces to your 1, and so scores 3pts.
The red player has 2 churches to your 1, and so scores 2pts.
The red player has 3 trade houses to your 2, and so scores 1pt.

I don't see how you can get any bonus points in Brandenburg if your opponent has more buildings of each type.
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Spud

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #31244 - Scoring Question Reply with quote

phil wrote:

http://www.spielbyweb.com/game.php?games_id=31244

The scoring is correct.

The red player has 2 palaces to your 1, and so scores 3pts.
The red player has 2 churches to your 1, and so scores 2pts.
The red player has 3 trade houses to your 2, and so scores 1pt.

I don't see how you can get any bonus points in Brandenburg if your opponent has more buildings of each type.

Thanks for taking the time to look at that, Phil. I probably should have waited until I actually had slept to ponder the situation. Of course, you're correct and I was momentarily confused by sleep deprivation, various environmental factors and my own underdeveloped brain. For some reason, I was thinking there were "second place" points. Which, I know isn't the case. Silly Spud. Go figure. Embarassed

Thanks again. Sorry to have put you out. I'm all squared now... well, mostly... there's still that issue with my brain but I know you can't help with that... unless you do outpatient lobotomies, that is.
phil

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: Game #31244 - Scoring Question Reply with quote

Spud wrote:

Thanks again. Sorry to have put you out. I'm all squared now... well, mostly... there's still that issue with my brain but I know you can't help with that... unless you do outpatient lobotomies, that is.

No problem -- glad I could help.

As to your other request: Sorry, I do not perform outpatient lobotomies, but if you play several games against stargate you may go out of your mind... Twisted Evil
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
stargate

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil and I play face to face Smile Smile Smile
and he has lost his mind Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Wallenstein All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: