SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Attack selection from a 1 army land

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TrylleJan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:01 am    Post subject: Attack selection from a 1 army land Reply with quote

You are not allowed to choose a combat move for a land occupied by 1 army. This is an error, since if a +1supplyandmove action or an attack action, that could happend in an earlier move, could fill up the land, and allow you to perform the attack due to now having more than 1 army in that land.

Wow lots of text. I'll try simpler:
2 lands (landX with 5 and landY with 1) border next to each other.
1) Attack A (move 4 from landX to landY)
2) Attack B (attack from landY)

This is a legal scenario in the board game. But here its illigal to choose an Attack A or B for a land with 1 army.
Why ?
artman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct, that this is a legal board game action. Have not encountered it online as of yet. Hope it gets fixed.
milksheikh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game as it is programmed should allow you to plan a move action for any province you occupy (at the time of planning), regardless of the number of armies in the province. There are no checks made at that point -- only when it comes time to do that action does the game check how many armies are in the province, and skips the action if there is only one.

So I'm not sure what you experienced that caused you to believe that it would not allow it. If you can give more information (i.e. did the province name not appear in the popup menu for the movement actions, did you get an error message, etc.), that would be helpful for me to figure out what happened.
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Wallenstein All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: