SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EXTERMINATE
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mooslander

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bkruppa wrote:
Personally I think one abandoned game should qualify for refution of membership.

I have four abandoned games - but that doesn't mean that I was the player who didn't move in any of them. So, please, have mercy... Laughing

P.S. Why wait until a player actually abandons a game? Take preemptive action!! Twisted Evil
stargate

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mooslander wrote:
Bkruppa wrote:
Personally I think one abandoned game should qualify for refution of membership.

I have four abandoned games - but that doesn't mean that I was the player who didn't move in any of them. So, please, have mercy... Laughing

P.S. Why wait until a player actually abandons a game? Take preemptive action!! Twisted Evil

this is about games YOU abandon not games YOU were in that
became abandoned -- we all have those
smlait

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is there any good reason why someone should abandon a game? I can't think of any but ...

If there isn't, one abandonment seems enough to me.

If I was in a car accident tomorrow that left me in the hospital for several months, I'd have to "abandon" about 20 games. I'm sure many of us could say the same. Would you really want to be banned for that? As Bob mentioned, there's no need to ban abandoners as they've already left the site.
rseulow

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Toad the Bastards Reply with quote

OK, I agree that banning people who have disappeared is like imprisoning people for comitting suicide, but there are other options, some of which I'm sure have been discussed here before:

1. Replace a player: Either transfer your game (get someone else to take over your spot) or allow a player to be replaced by a volunteer (game list option).

2. Probationary members: I'd really love to see this. You should not be able to join/create a second game here (or POST TO THE FORUM!) until you have completed at least 1 full game. This won't prevent all abandoners, but it will stop those annoying idiots who come in and create 4 games and then disappear.

3. Game Deletion: The creator of a game should have the right to kill it. This is unlikely to be abused by even the worst stats mongers (I'm talking to YOU, Stargate, you swine!) since killing a game just because you are losing is easily going to get you toaded faster than posting Kennedy Assassination Theories in the "Wallenstein" forum.

Any 2 of these steps would reduce abandonment to a very marginal problem.
Bkruppa

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely given the amicable nature of the SpielByWeb creators/adminstrators, if some innocent was excommunicated after having been in some sort of dehabilitating accident or unforeseen imprisonment (etc.) with sufficient apology and explanation they would let you re-enter Smile
sig titan

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooooo...hanging them from the yard arms isn't an option? Raelistically, I think that those in control of the administration of SBW are bright enough to evaluate any of these abandonment situations and come to a fair and logical conclussion as to what is best for all players.
I too, would like to see an option added that would allow a player to be "kicked" Idea (TeamSpeak) from a game and replaced by a new player. Unfortunately, as I have seen Ryan post in the past, it would be difficult if not impossible to revise the coding of an already established game on SBW. Perhaps this is an option for games in development. Confused
stargate

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Toad the Bastards Reply with quote

rseulow wrote:

3. Game Deletion: The creator of a game should have the right to kill it. This is unlikely to be abused by even the worst stats mongers (I'm talking to YOU, Stargate, you swine!) since killing a game just because you are losing is easily going to get you toaded faster than posting Kennedy Assassination Theories in the "Wallenstein" forum.

Swine Question Question Question
rseulow >>> GO LOOK IN A MIRROR Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
goalken

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:20 am    Post subject: i like it Reply with quote

Thank you i really nead it
Hounwas

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am new on site
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> SpielByWeb Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: