SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

game etiquette - wallenstein game 18585

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andrew6261

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: game etiquette - wallenstein game 18585 Reply with quote

I've got a general question here for the admins. A new user created this game on 20 Jan, and has only submitted his spring 01 orders today (27 Feb). All other players submitted orders pretty much straight away. The person concerned did not reply to the messages on the game itself, or to the private mail I sent. I'm not really inclined to invest time in this game, since I have little conviction that it will complete. Is there an option to delete the game if the majority of players wish to do so? (I don't want to abandon the game).
Bkruppa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly enough andrew, we all have had games similar to this and had to abandon them. I find self mutilation a quick way to calm the inner demons when dealing with people who start games and then don't complete. Or climbing a tower with a rifle can work. Twisted Evil Or just accepting that there is always going to be a certain amount of idiocy everywhere in life and moving on to other games.
RyanMC
SBW Developer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically look at it this way, move on to another game, if this one picks up the pace great, if not it may abandon or it may just take a few months to finish. None of these alternatives are the end of the world. If the game goes idle for 60 days it will be deleted automatically.
stargate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew --- no one likes abandoned games ---
and it is not the end of the world -- with over 1350 completed games
I have only 15 that have been abandoned Smile Smile

start a new game with the other three players, name the game with
an insult to the player who is not playing Very Happy Very Happy this helps a lot Smile
andrew6261

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it sounds like the best plan is just to play along...and wait for someone to eventually abandon or put up with a very looooong game....Smile

Don't want to sound too much like a whiner, my experience here has generally been great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> SpielByWeb Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: