SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Abandoned Games
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanMC
SBW Developer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Abandoned Games Reply with quote

I have changed the abandoned games limit from 90 days to 60 days. After watching the numbers it seemed like a more acceptable point to remove them.

Thanks,
Ryan
Bkruppa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo-hoo (not that I have any games that need to be abandoned) Very Happy
Kanga

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news on when replacement players will be allowed, therefore removing the need for abandoned games?
stargate

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I repeat Kanga's question
HappyProle
SBW Developer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, that's not really high on my priority list at the moment. Maybe after I get done with the Tikal auction variant (almost there) and the Amun Re fixes...
Kanga

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, I would much rather see replacement players than the Amun Re fixes Smile It would remove one of the (often overstated) negative aspects to this site - stalled / abandoned games.
spearjr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I'd rather see a new game get implemented over the replacement player issue.
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
freduk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

abandoned games are annoying, but are pretty rare. I'd rather see new games too. El Grande? Oasis?
hansth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: stalled / abandoned games Reply with quote

Would love to see El Grande here...one of my favourites..

but...the stalled / abandoned games is an issue...

like I have 4 games that are stalled at the moment...for various length of time... close to a month now for 1 of them...

What could've been nice, is a option for the other players in a game to vote the stalled player out... but only after he has stalled for like 2 weeks.
(2 months is way too long in my eyes....)

-Hans-
YankeeFan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: 22506 Amun-Re Open 000 Reply with quote

This game is hung up due to the unfortunate death of Magic Rat. Can you please remove this game so it doesn't haunt those of us in the game?
BURR

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: abandonded games Reply with quote

i believe most gamers would like to see this issue resolved. i for one like fast play. win, lose, move on. lets go.
Bkruppa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow its nice to be back and see people like Freduk, spearjr, kanga, stargate...even HappyProle Wink Plus, to see the subject matter of discussion hasn't changed in the time I was gone. Bob, sad to say I'm in San Fran not in NH now.
JokeToy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:39 am    Post subject: Re: Abandoned Games Reply with quote

[quote="RyanMC"]I have changed the abandoned games limit from 90 days to 60 days. After watching the numbers it seemed like a more acceptable point to remove them.

Thanks,
Ryan[/quote]

My username is JokeToy. I posted the message below to a game of Reef Encounter I accidentally joined. Is there any way I can leave this game without being penalized. I'm new to the site and made an honest mistake that I won't make again.

I hope I am talking to the right person about this. If I'm not, would you please let me know who I should talk to ? Thanks !

"I'm sorry but I thought I was joining a game of Tikal. I don't know this game at all. The rules of the site say I have to finish. I want to be able to continue the other games I have going. I guess I have to stay in this game but my moves will probably not make any sense. Is there any way you can delete or abandon this game without causing problems for yourself ? Please accept my apologies and thanks if you can delete the game and start a new one with players who know what they're doing." Crying or Very sad
JokeToy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:11 am    Post subject: Please remove me from game #86231 or delete the game - thx Reply with quote

As my previous post indicates, I effectively abandoned game #86231 (Reef Encounter) on 12-15-2010 because I joined accidentally, don't know the game & don't want to learn it. Will you please remove me from this game now ?!? Leaving me in the game is affecting my average time between turns. I play Tikal & will play Caylus when it becomes available. I like to play FAST & I appreciate other players who play fast. I want my fellow players on the site to know I am a fast player. Leaving me in an abandoned game hurts my stats unfairly. Thank you very much for taking care of this !!!
seokeys2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:28 am    Post subject: Abandoned Games Reply with quote

I love to Play these Abandoned Games, which are so Remarkable as well as Interesting..............
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: